Orion Compliance

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I gotta know is lunch figured into your Orion day or not?a lot of different answers in our center

Sent using BrownCafe App
There is a projected time when it thinks you will take lunch but it could be a random parking spot in the middle of nowhere with no food or restrooms. Breaks are not calculated into the solution at all.

scisector9

I am a cover driver and had an orion guy ride with me to map the route. He brought his little tablet with him so we had the GPS turn by turn solution. I was amazed at how many times the solution had us doing a complete 180. "It has us turning around here". REALLY? we sometimes were half way through a coldisac with a nice open a spot to turn around a quarter mile ahead. I told him so many times I don't feel comfortable doing that. He understood because he used to be an on car.

Anyway the day ends and we were 7 miles over the solution but had a 97 percent compliance. Had construction and one piece that wasn't in board we had to go back for. He told me he would put that in his notes. Hope the poor guy didn't get canned.

Orion can be a good tool for a guy like me who doesn't know too many routes that well but it should be used as such. Not the end all be all for the way a route should be run. Veterans on their routes can kill Orion by not following it for sure.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Don't you have a country route...?? Cows, Wildlife, tree limbs and such to avoid? Gotta be a tough route.
I punched out on my nice easy "country route" at just after 9:00 tonight. Its a good thing I was smart enough to turn ORION off first thing and use my area knowledge to beat it by 32 miles....otherwise I would still be on the clock and parked by the side of the road waiting for someone to bring me enough fuel to get the truck back to the building. Helluva system you guys got there, Dragon. You have always come across on the forum like a pretty smart guy; please tell me they don't have you drinking the brown ORION Kool-aid now.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
My new city run is in a "metro" center that sups are saying will never get Orion or if it happens we'll be last in the country (other centers in the building were fully converted months ago) because many of the routes do less than 20 miles per day.

It's been hard shifting back into the mindset of mileage not being a focus. I'm constantly thinking about "how much more mileage will it be if I drive around the block" then remember no one cares about the mileage without Orion. I caught myself parking and walking about 100 feet today up a 1-way street instead of driving around the block and was like "what the hell am I doing?"