Orion Compliance

oldngray

nowhere special
Thank you, sir...I may be an overpaid box monkey...but I do take pride in my work.
box monkey? I thought it was more sock monkey
135706569_amazoncom-sock-monkey-and-jack-in-the-box-sock-monkey-.jpg

brostalss

What's ORION? Is that the button that replaced the scheduled pick ups button?

I don't touch that one. Bad things happen when you go into "The ORION Zone"

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Home depot, seriously, I know on line shopping is the rage, I do it myself, but SERIOUSLY who ships a toilet.
Who ships anvils, speed bumps and metal I beams? The other day, I had 2 8ft long metal beams for a construction site...145 lbs each...NDA. I wonder how much they cost to send? lol

rpoz11

Orion vs a Training Route

How is a route looked at with Orion being used during a training period of 30 days?

And,

How will that be judged when the regular driver gets the route back?

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Orion vs a Training Route

How is a route looked at with Orion being used during a training period of 30 days?

And,

How will that be judged when the regular driver gets the route back?
Definitely. You simply can't learn a route properly on Orion. Orion has no flow...at all. EDD trace, even if a little jacked up at least has a method to it and you can learn a few streets a day until you can connect the dots and put it together in your head. The turn around, now turn around, now turn around again...doesn't help you learn anything except how to swear well.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I did that the other day. Had to console a cover driver, stuck on a route with Orion today, poor kid, he didnt know the route to start with. As for me well I was being a good little robot til I couldnt find a street, in an area I dont know. Ran over 2 miles, Im sure two hours late, Oh well, I tried.

MethodsMan

I find myself early in the day trying to comply with Orion. Then as the day wears on my mind tells me its retarded and I start ignoring it. I've noticed it wants me to parks on corners all the time and walk stuff off 4 or 5 houses down.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
We have enough on our plates already dealing with bulk, poor load quality, misloads, traffic, weather, and a multitude of other issues that are outside of our control. Why should we intentionally make our jobs even more difficult and dangerous by trying to jump thru the compliance hoops of the dog-and-pony show that is ORION?

Just remember you will never solve the solution of the orion prophecy, grasshopper the solution will solve itself my student!!!!!! .................. usually after 12 hrs and 500 miles lol !!!!

Sent using BrownCafe App

Dragon

Package Center Manager
We have enough on our plates already dealing with bulk, poor load quality, misloads, traffic, weather, and a multitude of other issues that are outside of our control. Why should we intentionally make our jobs even more difficult and dangerous by trying to jump thru the compliance hoops of the dog-and-pony show that is ORION?

Don't you have a country route...?? Cows, Wildlife, tree limbs and such to avoid? Gotta be a tough route.