ORION + peak =CLUSterMEss

babboo25

Banned
Half of us currently use Orion. The half that use Orion are working 30-45 minutes longer every day. A lot of that is from looking for pkgs. Its going cause more injuries, inexperienced drivers will be climbing and over extending themselves to get a pkg. Idle time has also increased, A lot more left turns with Orion. More hours, more fuel, and possibly more injuries, nice job Orion

Pkgcar1988

I have always believed this company would be around forever but I am starting to believe they are in self destruct mode and no one knows how to shut it off

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I have always believed this company would be around forever but I am starting to believe they are in self destruct mode and no one knows how to shut it off

The company as a whole is not going anywhere. The package division, however, will become just another division within the company in the near future.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
At least with ORIONcare, doctors can't screw up in surgery, they will be in the wrong hospital at that time!

Re-Raise

ORION has already been declared a success by the same people who came up with our peak season package projections.

I have complete faith in them.

Pkgcar1988

Yeah me too, I'm sure it will work because they will make it work just like all the other programs they have put in place in the last 25 yrs. Edd, pal,pas,ect ect. They will just move this number here and that number there and move on

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Yeah me too, I'm sure it will work because they will make it work just like all the other programs they have put in place in the last 25 yrs. Edd, pal,pas,ect ect. They will just move this number here and that number there and move on

Are you saying that EDD/PAS have not made you a more efficient driver?

Ouch

I remember when we got edd. I would skip around in edd to del all my stops that were right there together before leaving the area to del more stops. My sup instructed me to be within 80% range. I said okay. I brought back 50 something stops the next day and worked over 11 hours. I was called in the office the next morning and was asked what happened? I told them I was working as instructed. That was pretty much the end of the 80% in range. I love working as instructed.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Are you saying that EDD/PAS have not made you a more efficient driver?
EDD works because drivers make it work. It's freaking awesome knowing where my packages are and how many for each stop and exactly what stops I have. However the order I'm supposed to deliver in is jacked on 90% of routes.

This is where I don't feel Orion can do what a driver does. All Orion does is worry about cutting miles. Many more things go into a drivers thought process during delivery order than just miles.

oldngray

nowhere special
EDD only works in a perfect world with good DOL and common sense dispatch. A bad loop and pocket dispatch to meet the stops per car metric blows it up.

Pkgcar1988

When Edd was implemented was told the same thing only to be told weeks later that they weren't paying any attention to it anymore to go back to the way I used to run it. I'm sure same thing will be done with Orion, but the person who trained me said it wasn't going away and more enhancements
would coming next year.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Yesterday all of our work was in EDD which made delivering it fairly straightforward; however, I was asked to help out a junior driver who was struggling---the work that he gave me was delivered "old school".

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
When Edd was implemented was told the same thing only to be told weeks later that they weren't paying any attention to it anymore to go back to the way I used to run it. I'm sure same thing will be done with Orion, but the person who trained me said it wasn't going away and more enhancements
would coming next year.
The enhancements are that everything will be loaded in order so that you won't be jumping from section 1 to 8 to 4 and so on. This makes sense and the program should of never been implemented until this enhancement was made.

Pkgcar1988

It will also be able to update and change throughout the day in case of delays or any unexpected emergency that should arise that would cause you to deviate from the plan. That's what they told me anyway.

Pkgcar1988

The problem with the loading part of it, is it will mean even later starts than now because you won't be able to upload your board until they are done putting spa labels on everything. Already have to wait until start time or a few minutes after to get edd now.

JackStraw

I have a funny feeling that the guy who thought of Orion had no clue the way the trucks are loaded. He saw training video loads where there is ample egress and perfect Clarkville loads.