ORION

Overpaid Union Thug

You should send in all misloads regardless if they are close to your area or not. You can then indicate whether you can deliver it or not and it will take that package out of the EDD for that driver.
I have zero respect for any driver that won't scan their misloads asap. Especially in the middle of the summer after I've just lost 10 lbs while sweating because I was digging around in the back of the truck for nothing. Bastards!

trickpony1

Take a picture of the next misload that you are asked to bring in to the office and track it when you get home to see if they ran it off or scanned it with an exception code.

I actually have to agree with upstate on this one.

It's called an "integrity check". The company does it to us drivers all the time. Turnabout is fair play.

When I was a PC driver (before some of you were born) I would put one or two extra dollars in my cash (COD) turn in to see if they found it. You can bet if your COD turn in was short you'd be fired for stealing or "floating" a loan.

Mr.Golden

At the PCM this morning by next year every UPS center will be on Orion. This came from the RM. Also they trying to figure out why the volume dropping or disappearing since the "economy" is doing fine. They are really pushing Orion forward.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
At the PCM this morning by next year every UPS center will be on Orion. This came from the RM. Also they trying to figure out why the volume dropping or disappearing since the "economy" is doing fine. They are really pushing Orion forward.
That is an easy one. The volume is dropping because UPS does not care about service anymore.

If misloads aren't being delivered and businesses are being delivered at 4:00 PM, shippers might as well just use FedEx and save a little money.

And that is exactly what they are doing. We don't provide service anymore, so why pay for us?

The Blackadder

Are you not amused?
That is an easy one. The volume is dropping because UPS does not care about service anymore.

If misloads aren't being delivered and businesses are being delivered at 4:00 PM, shippers might as well just use FedEx and save a little money.

And that is exactly what they are doing. We don't provide service anymore, so why pay for us?

Sad but true, we are now told a single package going to a home with no one home is as important as a business that gets 20 packages a day and count on UPS for their livelihood

Coalminer2005

You should send in all misloads regardless if they are close to your area or not. You can then indicate whether you can deliver it or not and it will take that package out of the EDD for that driver.

I agree but that only works if your OMS clerk is doing their job and acting on the misload messages. We are instructed to call it in which is ridiculous. No accountability around here unless your a driver.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I agree but that only works if your OMS clerk is doing their job and acting on the misload messages. We are instructed to call it in which is ridiculous. No accountability around here unless your a driver.
I had a rare one, I sent it in at 2. I got a message to leave it somewhere. Like where was my question. Hes on his route I am on mine. He got a message to call me about the misload, he did call me, neither had time to meet. So we talked about the misload.
Then at 430 I broke down and it went into the truck back to the building.
For some silly reason I forgot about it as I moved 60 stops into a 700, I am a bad driver.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I wonder what Mad Money Cramer thinks about ORION? LOL!
From what I have seen no one can have a real opinion til they do it. Tell Kramer to come ride with me.......BTW it all went to heck tonight. Stops moved, running all over to make service after a breakdown. dttp would have been called for, but I will bet no one knows how... I could have been anal, and followed it, I took the high road, tomorrow I will be beat like a red headed step child.

By The Book

From what I have seen no one can have a real opinion til they do it. Tell Kramer to come ride with me.......BTW it all went to heck tonight. Stops moved, running all over to make service after a breakdown. dttp would have been called for, but I will bet no one knows how... I could have been anal, and followed it, I took the high road, tomorrow I will be beat like a red headed step child.
Need a steward? I make all my money the old fashion way, pro bono.

Overpaid Union Thug

He bashed UPS on his show the other night. That wasn't the first time though.

Browndriver5

lol I would love some of you people that think UPS is going under to go ahead and quit so I can go full time. haha then in 15 years look back like 99% of the people I talk to and say. "Damn I wish I wouldn't have quit." Some of you guys have obviously never worked anywhere else. Once you explore other options you will realize how great of a company UPS is, and some of you will say "Well I have a college degree I can go and make just as much money somewhere else." Yeah you will start out at 40k a year and work your way up. Not every company has all the answers and I guess the higher ups aren't as smart as us. But I have faith that everything will be okay

ArcherUTR

The problem with catching those stops, is you have been following Orion, and it had you doing other stops, which sometimes is ok but usually ridiculous. And you have to know how much commercial you have ahead of you, and pick ups and after a while, well I speak for myself, I find myself scrolling and thinking and calculating and its just easier to follow it. Not my monkey, or my circus.
Yes the combo of the 2 would be great, as it shows whats close, which I just used to scroll and see what I could catch off the main drag. But you have to switch it back to rdo, then everything is a break, and then if you are over on miles, they wanna bust ya. So I just follow it when I can and bust the miles even when I am 98% Then it will still be my fault, so I basically give up.

I'm pretty confident that delivering in ODO does not make every delivery a break. The order you deliver and the name of the street matter, not that you are doing it in ODO.

Overpaid Union Thug

The best investment advice is to listen to Cramer. Then do the opposite.

You know that. I know that. But the general public, which includes our customers, doesn't. And that is scary.
lol I would love some of you people that think UPS is going under to go ahead and quit so I can go full time. haha then in 15 years look back like 99% of the people I talk to and say. "Damn I wish I wouldn't have quit." Some of you guys have obviously never worked anywhere else. Once you explore other options you will realize how great of a company UPS is, and some of you will say "Well I have a college degree I can go and make just as much money somewhere else." Yeah you will start out at 40k a year and work your way up. Not every company has all the answers and I guess the higher ups aren't as smart as us. But I have faith that everything will be okay
UPS isn't going under. They are handing over volume to FedEx on a silver platter. If that keeps happening people like you will be waiting even longer to go full-time.