Orlando Hub

Is the Orlando hub ever gonna get replaced or renovated? It’s ancient and filthy and i keep hearing that it’s on the list of buildings to be renovated in Florida. I know Jacksonville keeps getting millions in upgrades. Also, is the day sort gonna continue? It seems like the company isn’t replacing their full time managers and is instead just using fill in part time supes to cover them.

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
Is the Orlando hub ever gonna get replaced or renovated? It’s ancient and filthy and i keep hearing that it’s on the list of buildings to be renovated in Florida. I know Jacksonville keeps getting millions in upgrades. Also, is the day sort gonna continue? It seems like the company isn’t replacing their full time managers and is instead just using fill in part time supes to cover them.
1)The Orlando hub is slated to get a face lift in 2032.
2) day sort to continue until further notice .
3) hang in there kid

Cowboy Mac

You don’t want them to renovate the hub. “Renovate” really means screw up the whole operation with construction for 2 years while they make everything nice and shiny and new. Then when they flip the switch on the new building, everything breaks down. Every day. For the first 9 months. Leaving at 10:30 every day.

Then, by the time the sort works like it should, and you’re leaving the building on time, that shiny new building already looks like the dump that it was before.

But we have more doors for trailers! And more bays for package cars! Oh wait! We already outgrew that after 3 years and we need a new inflatable center for peak.

Cowboy Mac

And don’t expect AC in the bathrooms or even toilet paper or sinks that work or even a :censored2: hand dryer. You will sweat the whole time and wipe with your hands and finish loading that trailer with your stinky poop hands

I saw a timesheet for day sort and most employees get less than three hours per shift and only about 1.5 on Sundays. I think it’s mostly new people that don’t know or don’t invoke the 3.5 hour guarantee.

Red Devil

The Power of Connected
I saw a timesheet for day sort and most employees get less than three hours per shift and only about 1.5 on Sundays. I think it’s mostly new people that don’t know or don’t invoke the 3.5 hour guarantee.

A lot of people hate the work so much that they just want to go home. To me it’s ridiculous to go into work anywhere for less than 4 hours.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I am surprised the union allows that to happen

It's in the contract.

Memorandum of Understanding

"Teamster United Parcel Service Negotiating Committee (Union) and United Parcel Service, Inc. agree that it was their mutual intent that if a part-time employee completes his assigned duties and leaves work in less than three-and-one-half hours he shall be considered to have forfeited the right to his daily three-and-one-half hour guarantee."

All they have to do is request their guarantee.

They might be sweeping the floors....

PT Car Washer

It's in the contract.

Memorandum of Understanding

"Teamster United Parcel Service Negotiating Committee (Union) and United Parcel Service, Inc. agree that it was their mutual intent that if a part-time employee completes his assigned duties and leaves work in less than three-and-one-half hours he shall be considered to have forfeited the right to his daily three-and-one-half hour guarantee."

All they have to do is request their guarantee.

They might be sweeping the floors....
Wouldn't sweeping the floors be considered working outside of their classification? That is Porter work in my building.