OSHA strikes Massachusetts !....What happened ?

Karma...

U.S. Department of Labor Cites UPS Inc. for Exposing Employees To Fire, Other Hazards at Massachusetts Facility – OSHA
on December 11, 2019 in UPS News

The U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) has cited United Parcel Service Inc. for exposing employees to multiple hazards including exit access, fire and electrical at the shipping and delivery facility in Vineyard Haven, Massachusetts. The company faces $431,517 in penalties for four repeated and seven serious safety violations.

OSHA inspectors found several violations affecting employees’ ability to evacuate safely in the event of a fire or other emergency. The Agency cited the company for obstructed and inadequate exit routes, lack of proper exit signage, failure to update the facility’s emergency action plan, poor housekeeping, lack of stair rails and improper use of energized electrical cords.
I thought Keter & Liberty Mutual were making sure UPS is compliant

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
U.S. Department of Labor Cites UPS Inc. for Exposing Employees To Fire, Other Hazards at Massachusetts Facility – OSHA

The U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) has cited United Parcel Service Inc. for exposing employees to multiple hazards including exit access, fire and electrical at the shipping and delivery facility in Vineyard Haven, Massachusetts. The company faces $431,517 in penalties for four repeated and seven serious safety violations.

OSHA inspectors found several violations affecting employees’ ability to evacuate safely in the event of a fire or other emergency. The Agency cited the company for obstructed and inadequate exit routes, lack of proper exit signage, failure to update the facility’s emergency action plan, poor housekeeping, lack of stair rails and improper use of energized electrical cords.
OSHA vacated a decade old "Corporate-wide Settlement Agreement" recently, as a result of charges filed in Ohio in 2018, bringing UPS back to the field in regards to egress issues.

Apparently this hub in Massachusetts got the memo....who will be the next to get on board?

UPS Egress Citations, Settlement Could Put Logistics Firms on Notice

Integrity

Binge Poster

Wow that is a hefty fine.

As a result of my formal OSHA complaint UPS received only $120,000 fine.

I didn’t get any press though.

Maybe I should have called them.