Other Airlines Must Love This

vantexan

Red States are the Loser States full of white folks living off of their "entitlements". Your explanation of California is simply your stilted opinions devoid of facts. Yes, those braniac liberals like Steve Jobs and his ilk had zero to do with economic growth in CA. Your theories explode with the mention of just 1 tech name.
Republicans demonize minorities all of the time for sponging Federal money, but Whites dominate social services and corporate welfare drives economic "growth", which isn't growth at all if that job came from somewhere else in the US. It's a shift of jobs, not "job creation".
Leave it to you to make everything about racism. Honestly don't you get tired of dragging that out? California was an industrial power and had gone liberal long before Jobs ever showed up.

Not demonizing anyone. Red states have very large minority populations with a lot of poverty and thus a lot of Federal assistance. And Red States have a lot of military bases. So when you point to Red states getting a disproportionate amount of Federal aid there are reasons why. It's not about demonizing anyone. It's just so.

bacha29

Again, Red states have very large minority populations, often with high poverty rates within those populations. A lot of Federal assistance. Then there are all the military bases. You focused on Tennessee. Ever hear of Oak Ridge, TN? Huge amount of Federal spending there.

By the way California at one time was very Republican. Republican businessmen built that huge economy. Liberals moving in eventually had the numbers politically to take over and they wanted to share all that wealth. Whatever good intentions there were when that all started has turned California into what it is today and it's leading the nation in the most of its citizens leaving for better conditions elsewhere.
Yes, I heard of Oak Ridge . My mother's uncle wired the buildings needed for the Manhattan Project.
What has happened there in recent years? Not a great deal.
Now before you go on ragging about Hispanics some numbers regarding Hispanics might surprise you a little and perhaps a lot.
According to most recent available numbers from New American Economy .org Americans of Hispanic origin:

Earned 1.2 trillion dollars in personal income in 2020.
Paid 196 billion dollars in federal taxes.
Paid 112 billion dollars in state taxes.
I wonder what the MAGA's would have to say if they bothered to look at these numbers.

Now the states most likely to grow in the coming years will likely have:
1, Top of the line education system.
2. Modern public transit
3. Modern healthcare system.
4. Plenty of non desalinated fresh water.
5. Modern environmentally compliant public sewer system.
6. Located free from floods, tornados, hurricanes, earthquakes, rising sea levels, prolonged drought.

vantexan

Yes, I heard of Oak Ridge . My mother's uncle wired the buildings needed for the Manhattan Project.
Now before you go on ragging about Hispanics some numbers regarding Hispanics might surprise you a little and perhaps a lot.
According to most recent available numbers from New American Economy .org Americans of Hispanic origin:

I wonder what the MAGA's would have to say if they bothered to look at these numbers.

2. Modern public transit
6. Located free from floods, tornados, hurricanes, earthquakes, rising sea levels, prolonged drought.
Who is ragging on Hispanics? Last I saw illegal immigrants have come from 109 countries in the last couple of years. No matter how you spin it it's a lot of people who don't have much more than the shirt on their backs. The vast majority are young men. And they have to be fed and housed at taxpayer expense. Please don't tell me about all the Federal spending in Red states when our current administration isn't following the law bringing all these people in unvetted.

As for Hispanics the vast majority are hard working and are just wanting a better life for their families. But coming up with them is also a criminal element who have committed a hell of a lot of crime. American citizens shouldn't be subject to that along with all the expense just so Democrats can get a clear edge in votes that they used to have before they aborted so many babies.

vantexan

2. Modern public transit
By the way it's ludicrous for you to be so supportive of Hispanics when you've gone off about the countries they come from on this forum when I was visiting them.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Who is ragging on Hispanics? Last I saw illegal immigrants have come from 109 countries in the last couple of years. No matter how you spin it it's a lot of people who don't have much more than the shirt on their backs. The vast majority are young men. And they have to be fed and housed at taxpayer expense. Please don't tell me about all the Federal spending in Red states when our current administration isn't following the law bringing all these people in unvetted.

As for Hispanics the vast majority are hard working and are just wanting a better life for their families. But coming up with them is also a criminal element who have committed a hell of a lot of crime. American citizens shouldn't be subject to that along with all the expense just so Democrats can get a clear edge in votes that they used to have before they aborted so many babies.
More Red State failure. How about the Red State losers that aren't on the border? Dumb people don't generate much revenue, so Big Government has to come in and save them. Listening, Sarah Huckleberry Sanders?

bacha29

By the way it's ludicrous for you to be so supportive of Hispanics when you've gone off about the countries they come from on this forum when I was visiting them.
The numbers themselves are more that sufficiently supportive.

Has conservative media that you apparently spend your entire day glued to ever bring Title 8 into it's daily diet of misinformation?
It would appear that it hasn't.

vantexan

The numbers themselves are more that sufficiently supportive.

Has conservative media that you apparently spend your entire day glued to ever bring Title 8 into it's daily diet of misinformation?
It would appear that it hasn't.
Maybe you would like to expound on the joys of Title 8?

bacha29

Maybe you would like to expound on the joys of Title 8?
Given that you are the self appointed expert on US immigration law and it's inherent deficiencies your explanation of Title 8 and it's requirements would be a far more qualified one than mine.

yadig

2. Modern public transit
I was agreeing with you until I got to # 6, come on man.

bacha29

I was agreeing with you until I got to # 6, come on man.
In the future new development constructed in those #6 areas may have a very hard time getting those buildings insured.
An insurer doesn't HAVE to insure a property they deem too high risk due to those factors in #6.

bacha29

Just admit you're clueless.
Wrong. Unlike MAGA's I don't spend all day glued to conservative media. It would appear that you guys have never even heard of Title 8 . If so then perhaps conservative media kept it's viewers from learning about.

Title 8 is the long standing immigration law that preceded Title 42 which is a public health focused law that cannot be implemented as permanent finished law. When the public health emergency ends Title 42 is lifted.

Under Title 8 asylum seekers will undergo a more stringent qualifying criteria for entry. And if rejected they will be sent back to where they come from and will not be permitted to reapply for a minimum of 5 years.

Forty two was a blanket public health measure that could keep anyone out regardless. But it was only in force for as long as the public health emergency remained. But once expelled by 42 the person can immediately come back and try again.

Under 8 they can't try again for at least 5 years.

So there's a brief comparison of Title 42 vs Title 8.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Wrong. Unlike MAGA's I don't spend all day glued to conservative media. It would appear that you guys have never even heard of Title 8 . If so then perhaps conservative media kept it's viewers from learning about.

Title 8 is the long standing immigration law that preceded Title 42 which is a public health focused law that cannot be implemented as permanent finished law. When the public health emergency ends Title 42 is lifted.

Under Title 8 asylum seekers will undergo a more stringent qualifying criteria for entry. And if rejected they will be sent back to where they come from and will not be permitted to reapply for a minimum of 5 years.

Forty two was a blanket public health measure that could keep anyone out regardless. But it was only in force for as long as the public health emergency remained. But once expelled by 42 the person can immediately come back and try again.

How’s that been working out? Lol

bacha29

How’s that been working out? Lol
Both eight and forty should it be reimplemented will be under considerable pressure and will likely have limited effectiveness until Americans are ready to confront the real crisis currently ongoing in Central and South America.....OVERPOPULATION.

When you've got three kids whose needs you can't even begin to provide....you don't solve the problem by having three more.
Then take off for the states and expect the American people who have learned to keep it's population growth contained to solve a problem the American people didn't create.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

First of all, Trump completed The Wall, so how are all of these illegals flooding over the border to rape women in Des Moines and steal your job EVERYWHERE??? Trump said he had finished The Wall on CNN and then proceeded to say he would build more walls, perhaps between us and those dangerous Canadians. A big, beautiful, terrific wall....people are saying probably the best wall ever.
Second, they aren't going to take your job unless you're a landscaper, day laborer, or agricultural worker. Some are skilled at construction, but most have low education levels and are going to do work White Americans won't touch. Yes, vantexan, poor California Whites are lined up outside farms in the San Joaquin Valley begging to pick crops and do hard manual labor in 95-100 degrees for 12 hours per day.
Third, drugs and violence are definitely an issue, but they wouldn't bother coming here if employers wouldn't give them work and people wouldn't buy the drugs. So, PLEASE, go over to your local contractor,landscaping company, farmer, body shop, and various other small businesses that exploit cheap illegal labor and tell them to stop. My guess is that many of these are Republican-owned and operated and are probably attendees of your local churches. Tell them they're breaking the law and to STOP. Go to the Home Depot lot and tell your neighbors to stop cheaping-out by hiring illegals to move, build block walls, paint their house etc. for less than half what a professional business charges. You'd probably get a Glock stuck in your face and be told to "mind your own business". After that, go to a local homeless camp or downtown anywhere and tell them to buy US illicit drugs from a reputable manufacturer like Pfizer or Merck, not the Mexicans or from Chinese suppliers. Good luck. Maybe you can bring them religion simultaneously and get a twofer.
Illegal migration flourishes because we give them jobs, most of the time jobs which nobody else will do, or charge twice as much. This is reality. not FOX or OAN telling you that MS-13 rapists are coming to Akron to take over your town and make everyone drug addicts.
Please Ricky Ricardo, "splain" it to all of us how I'm so completely wrong. Speaking of Cubans, why are they "good" immigrants and others are "bad". Because Cubans are fleeing evil Communism and they'll move to Florida and take White jobs and vote Republican, right? There are all kinds of evil government oppression and suffering, but because Cubans fit your tiny little square of righteousness, they are OK. (Pssst....they're HISPANICS). Hypocrisy, the name is Republican.

Last edited:

Mutineer

There is more brain power and capital in 1 California county than most Red States.

If that "brain power and capital" in my state wasn't focused on demonizing my demographic and separating me from my money, property, and constitutional rights maybe I would be crowing about that too.

As a lifelong resident, I have lived the long march from Red to Blue state.

My state's politics, as with my business relationship with FedEx has left me with the same exact conclusion: Don't piss down my back and try to tell me: "it's just warm summer rain."