Our contract and wages, the numbers

Should ups charge customers double the increase they gave employees while making record profits?

• Yea

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • No

Votes: 16 69.6%

• Total voters

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Part of the inflation problem is businesses raising prices because they can. The consumer is not saying no. When they do, price increases will slow.

Brownwind

View attachment 422779
TL:DR under the current contract:

Ups rate has increased 27.5%
Inflation rate 19.8%
Pay raise 12.8%

I wonder what the customers would think knowing ups raised their rates 27.5 percent and less than half of that was given to their drivers? Kinda hard to cry poverty and greedy drivers to the public with that in mind.

UPS publishes a GRI (general rate increase) historically this has been 4.9% but recently as high as 6.9%. The “headline” GRI does not include things like fuel, delivery area, and large package surcharges which have all gone up. This number is basically Ups’s report card on itself trying to minimize increases the customer sees. That said since the contract was signed we have a

General rate increase 27.5%

Next official inflation rate as reported by the bureau labor statistics. This time we have a report card from the government on how much it has devalued our money. Most consider this under reported as well and all of us feel it in our pocket. Since the last contract was signed

Official inflation rate increase 19.8%

Finally our number, the pay rate increase since ratification of the contract in 2018

12.8%

Some of these aren’t exact due to how the years line up and a truck driver doing the math but it’s very close if anyone gets something different and shows me sources I will update accordingly.
Who cares what they charge as long as our checks don’t bounce. Nothing wrong with working for a company that is rolling in cash. I’m August we will get ours.

We should charge double due to the lack of competition. Cut rates later to get the bids and still be ahead.

ManInBrown

The only thing that’s ever going back down is fuel. All fuel price is for the most part is a formula. Once they get you paying $8 for a box of cereal it’s over. That’s not going back down. 15-20 years ago it might have. This is a different age we are living in. As long as people are willing to pay it, it’s staying that price. Corporations are too greedy now.

Thebrownblob

So who funds this forum?

1680020276219.gif