Our newest moderator

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Kleinless, you'd never make a baseball scorekeeper. You missed this [-]play[/-] quote.

Ya gotta give Tie (1) for an assist.
I never see anyone but Tie harassed for when they post. Here is a clue though, at least in my center mgmt has not access to the internet other than places they need to go. They fall under the same scrutiny of how they do their jobs as we do by their bosses. There is a pecking order, and they get pecked too. No more could he be on the internet all through his shift, than we could and not get caught.
He is a senior member, and it is beyond me, why some people have nothing better to do than worry about what Tie does. I do not always agree with him, but I respect him as much as anyone on here.
Once again I think the constant nit pick defeats the purpose, but Im dealing with mostly men, so I can see thats going nowhere.

tieguy

Banned
I never see anyone but Tie harassed for when they post. Here is a clue though, at least in my center mgmt has not access to the internet other than places they need to go. They fall under the same scrutiny of how they do their jobs as we do by their bosses. There is a pecking order, and they get pecked too. No more could he be on the internet all through his shift, than we could and not get caught.
He is a senior member, and it is beyond me, why some people have nothing better to do than worry about what Tie does. I do not always agree with him, but I respect him as much as anyone on here.
Once again I think the constant nit pick defeats the purpose, but Im dealing with mostly men, so I can see thats going nowhere.

We men can be the demon seed.:happy2:

I'm beyond worrying about the scorecard here. the dog pack lurks in the background ever waiting for the opportunity to gang up on any management poster who dares to speak his mind here.

There is some truth to the poetry I represent the boss they dislike but don't have the courage to stand up to.

SWORDFISH

We men can be the demon seed.:happy2:

I'm beyond worrying about the scorecard here. the dog pack lurks in the background ever waiting for the opportunity to gang up on any management poster who dares to speak his mind here.

There is some truth to the poetry I represent the boss they dislike but don't have the courage to stand up to.

Actually many of us like PMan and Dragon wich are both management. Its not a person w/ a title that we dont like its the person behind the title that proves to be unlikable.
:peaceful:

tranham

Two points

This whole thread concerns me. I was singled out as a topic on the UPS discussions board. This is not UPS related. This is nothing but starting ****** for your own amusement. I enjoy a good fight as much as the rest of us. But does Browncafe really need high school drama? It's one big reason I don't post much here since joining in 2002. You wouldn't want customers to see us at work acting like children. They see it here everyday. Would the real moderator please stand up?

Second, Supervisors are held to a higher standard than the rest of us. The job requires you to keep your cool, act fairly and make level headed decisions. Yes, even when the employees talk back, lie or heckle you during or after work. I can't condone the workers who do this either but being in a position of power means you must leave your personal baggage behind all day, everyday. Respect comes at a price. Using your internet avatar anonimity to say anything is wrong. Real people with real concerns on the board are here for advice and will leave quickly if they only get criticism.

Robert

tieguy

Banned
Actually many of us like PMan and Dragon wich are both management. Its not a person w/ a title that we dont like its the person behind the title that proves to be unlikable.
:peaceful:

Pman is diplomatic. With me you get the same kind of response I recieve. When You make an idiotic statement I will tell you it was idiotic. If I was a teamster telling a management person that you would give him a big plus one when its reversed you guys cry like girl scouts. If you're going to join into this discussion then try to at least be honest.

tieguy

Banned
Two points

This whole thread concerns me. I was singled out as a topic on the UPS discussions board. This is not UPS related. This is nothing but starting ****** for your own amusement. I enjoy a good fight as much as the rest of us. But does Browncafe really need high school drama? It's one big reason I don't post much here since joining in 2002. You wouldn't want customers to see us at work acting like children. They see it here everyday. Would the real moderator please stand up?

Second, Supervisors are held to a higher standard than the rest of us. The job requires you to keep your cool, act fairly and make level headed decisions. Yes, even when the employees talk back, lie or heckle you during or after work. I can't condone the workers who do this either but being in a position of power means you must leave your personal baggage behind all day, everyday. Respect comes at a price. Using your internet avatar anonimity to say anything is wrong. Real people with real concerns on the board are here for advice and will leave quickly if they only get criticism.

Robert

you should have thought of these concerns when you selectively chimed in on another thread and thought you would moderate the management guy. If you can't take the heat then dont start the crap Its that simple.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS

Robert
:rofl::rofl:OOOOPS fell out of my chair. There, thats better.:rofl::rofl:

tranham

Dilligaf,

Sorry, I was trying to point out what the job is supposed to be, reality aside. Kind of like keeping my idle time under 36 mins I suppose.

Robert

tieguy

Banned
Two points

Robert

Were these the points you wished to address? On this message board I am off duty. I am therefore another poster who happens to hold a management job at work. I can however find a way to do my management job here if you can find a way to dump 200 delivery stops here. If you are that fragile that one person telling you that you whine like a girl makes you dissapear then you really should stay away from message boards.
If you're sincerely looking for help from a management person then the best way to get that help is to not try to moderate him first.

tranham

So you feel using forum space on an off-topic vendeta is valid and appropriate?

You also feel that managers only represent themselves off-duty and your actions do not reflect on the company and you can't be diciplined for them? Then why be anomomous?

Nobody is running from hurt feelings, it is a waste of time to post and not get anything usefull in return. I value my time more than even my pay rate.

Robert

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Dilligaf,

Sorry, I was trying to point out what the job is supposed to be, reality aside. Kind of like keeping my idle time under 36 mins I suppose.

Robert

We are all supposed to be held to a higher standard. Unfortunately, a higher standard for some is not the same higher standard for others. And that applies to both sides of the line.

Case in point: Thurs I received a warning letter for Art. 37. Did I deserve it? Absolutely. Fri I got a doc/talk for Art. 37. Did I deserve that? IMO, no. I said something that was taken other than as it was meant. My on/cars boss felt that I had threatened him. I did not. Yet he can threaten us all day long and there is little we can do about it. Certainly we can file greivances but they go nowhere. I can't pull him into the office and give him a warning letter and threaten him with his job if he does it again.

Now, I will show the other side of the coin. I don't want Tie thinking I'm singling out mgt. :wink2: Easy there Tie, don't get your feathers ruffled. This case does involve mgt but is meant to show that drivers are not always held to the same higher standard.

Case in point 2: A couple of years ago a male driver that I work with that felt he could harrass and bully me. He was completely hostile. Yelling and screaming (even in front of a sup and a customer). I reported every incident and the only thing that happened was he got his hand slapped. The last time it happened I filed a restraining order against him. Problem solved. To this day this driver will not say one word to me. He knows, that if he says anything that is out of line, what the repurcussions will be.

tranham

We recently had an employee get a warning letter for talking on his phone and driving. Yet I continue to see supervsiors driving and talking. They have no problem answering my phone calls during the day. Honestly they don't really try to hide the fact that they are doing 70 on the interstate while they talk to me.

Robert

tieguy

Banned
So you feel using forum space on an off-topic vendeta is valid and appropriate?

As much as you felt it appropriate to use forum space on an off topic moderation of me.

You also feel that managers only represent themselves off-duty and your actions do not reflect on the company and you can't be diciplined for them? Then why be anomomous?

I am not on a company site. If i was I would have you working more and whining less right now.

Nobody is running from hurt feelings, it is a waste of time to post and not get anything usefull in return. I value my time more than even my pay rate.

Robert

What then did you think you would get of value when you decided god had appointed you to moderate me? The good thing Is I'm actually teaching you a lesson here though your retention abilities are a little slow.
If you go into a bar and tell someone your opinion on their opinion you may get your teeth kicked in. Here your ego got bruised. So the good news is you still have your teeth.

tranham

God did not appoint me, I just assumed the position was open based on the fact that you have not been kicked off this forum.

If you are trying to tell me you say what you say because you are drunk all the time, it explains a lot.

Someone shoot me now, I'm coming down to his level.

Robert

tieguy

Banned
God did not appoint me, I just assumed the position was open based on the fact that you have not been kicked off this forum.

If you are trying to tell me you say what you say because you are drunk all the time, it explains a lot.

Someone shoot me now, I'm coming down to his level.

Robert

You call that shot? Was that supposed to hurt me? Get me riled up?Perhaps it was a joke and you forgot to post the smiley face. Did you feel the blood drain from your face when you made such a bold move?

I think Robert just pissed his pants can someone from the dog pack come in and save him?