Our Supplement was Rejected

Future

Victory Ride
Nah dude. They're management like you.
65A6CA9E-9AB7-4ADA-920D-DA8521E8188E.gif

brownelf

As the Teamster website states: Local 243 supplement was rejected and will have to be renegotiated. GOOD

Does anyone know what supplements have the best language and what we should try to get included in ours?
What items didn't you like in your 243 supplement? Perhaps start there. Did you go to any contract meetings for local 243? See the supplement got voted down pretty big, must be something in it or missing that caused it to fail.

Not meaning 'you' personally. Anyone on 1989's ship is like him. Management. I forgot archie was superimposed in that pic.
Haven’t had many on that boat yet. Just a few employees/board of directors/and some coworkers. Only about 20 this year.

browned out

What items didn't you like in your 243 supplement? Perhaps start there. Did you go to any contract meetings for local 243? See the supplement got voted down pretty big, must be something in it or missing that caused it to fail.

No clear cut language on why no 40 hour RPCD guarantee, No clear language on OT rights, No Teamcare deductibles disclosed when last contract every years Teamcare Deductible was known before the vote, No RPCD right to bump a 22.4 on a Sat and/or a Sun if the RPCD has not reached 40 hours, No OT protections for 22.4s, etc. etc.

We are looking to the NorCal Supplement and others for improved language to protect all drivers. I know the part timers want catch up raises and $15 hour to start but I do not know if that can be addressed in the supplement.

We will absolutely vote this down by a higher percentage next time if our legitimate issues are not addressed.

browned out

In 5 years?

https://teamster.org/news/2018/10/ups-and-ups-freight-contract-updates
UPS Contract Update

The National Master UPS Agreement has been ratified, but it will not go into effect until all the rejected supplements have been re-voted and approved.

Following the vote count on Friday, October 5, the results showed that six supplements were rejected. The union will be reaching out to the chairs of the supplements and then will arrange for a meeting with the company. The rejected supplements are:

Teamsters Central Pennsylvania Tentative Agreement;

Teamsters Local 243 and Metro Detroit Tentative Agreement;

Teamsters Local 804 Tentative Agreement;

• Teamsters Trailer Conditioners Inc. (TCI) Tentative Agreement;

• Teamsters Upstate and West New York Tentative Agreement; and

Teamsters Western Pennsylvania and Local 926 Car Wash Tentative Agreement.

.....Once these six outstanding agreements are ratified, the national agreement will then go into effect, with economic improvements retroactive to August 1, 2018.

The above locals and areas voting their POS supplements down are not only outstanding but exemplary. Their supplement proposals were not outstanding; they were garbage and were disposed of as such..

Last edited:

browned out

No clear cut language on why no 40 hour RPCD guarantee, No clear language on OT rights, No Teamcare deductibles disclosed when last contract every years Teamcare Deductible was known before the vote, No RPCD right to bump a 22.4 on a Sat and/or a Sun if the RPCD has not reached 40 hours, No OT protections for 22.4s, etc. etc.

We are looking to the NorCal Supplement and others for improved language to protect all drivers. I know the part timers want catch up raises and $15 hour to start but I do not know if that can be addressed in the supplement.

We will absolutely vote this down by a higher percentage next time if our legitimate issues are not addressed.

The info below was disclosed to us re: Teamcare deductibles for every year of the 2013-2018 CBA. TWICE! NOW IN 2018 THE HOFFA/TAYLOR UPS COLLUSION TEAM HAS NOT DISCLOSED THE DEDUCTIBLE FOR 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, OR 2023? WHY NOT? I WILL TELL YOU WHY NOT. IF THE TEAMCARE DED FOR FAMILIES IS $200 FOR EVERY YEAR OF THIS CBA; INSTEAD OF $0 FOR THE 1ST 4 YEARS; SOME PTERS WAGE INCREASES WILL BE NEGLIGIBLE. IF IT GOES UP FROM $200 PER YEAR EVERY YEAR; THEN IT WILL BE A LOSING PROP NEGATING MOST OF THE WAGE INCREASES FOR ALMOST EVERYONE.

DEAREST HOFFA/TAYLOR....WE SHOULD BE PAYING $0 $0 $0 AS THE :censored2: HALL STATED BUT FAILED TO DELIVER ON LAST TIME.

TEAMCARE CONTROLLED THE DED LAST CONTRACT AND THIS CONTRACT. TELL US THE DEDUCTIBLES PLEASE.

https://d3n8a8pro7vhmx.cloudfront.net/teamstersforademocraticunion/pages/8114/attachments/original/1434360909/9-4%20Mailing%20on%20TeamCare.pdf?1434360909

https://d3n8a8pro7vhmx.cloudfront.net/teamstersforademocraticunion/pages/8114/attachments/original/1434360909/C6%20Enhanced%20Comparison%20to%20UPS.pdf?1434360909

Last edited:

browned out

We, the membership of 243, have spoken. We are confident that our local will address all of our issues that should be addressed. The proper place to address these issues is in the local supplement. Language that protects all members including future 22.4s would fulfill the unions duty of fair representation in contract negotiation. We will stand for nothing less. So....lets go....The Corrupt Company Controlled Union's ship has to be righted or sunk. 243 can and will make a stand for all members.

So far our local 243's leadership has not responded to members concerns regarding the supplement. We are certain that they must be working on a master plan with language that will be a model for the rest of the membership next contract.

Some have told us not to hold our breath waiting for these easily obtainable language changes to be written into our local rider.

We will continue to hold our breath and hope against hope that 243 does what it gets paid to do.

Is UPS paying them more than the members?

brownelf

We, the membership of 243, have spoken. We are confident that our local will address all of our issues that should be addressed. The proper place to address these issues is in the local supplement. Language that protects all members including future 22.4s would fulfill the unions duty of fair representation in contract negotiation. We will stand for nothing less. So....lets go....The Corrupt Company Controlled Union's ship has to be righted or sunk. 243 can and will make a stand for all members.

So far our local 243's leadership has not responded to members concerns regarding the supplement. We are certain that they must be working on a master plan with language that will be a model for the rest of the membership next contract.

Some have told us not to hold our breath waiting for these easily obtainable language changes to be written into our local rider.

We will continue to hold our breath and hope against hope that 243 does what it gets paid to do.

Is UPS paying them more than the members?[/QUOTE

Are you a dues paying member? Saw a post earlier that you withdrew from local.

Crosscutters

I’m in the central pa region and even though it’s not a local issue I will not vote for a contract until I know exact details of teamcare for the next 5 years. How anyone can vote for a contract that manages the next 5 years of your life without knowing what your healthcare costs are is beyond me. Depending on things like the yearly deductible, co-pays, etc. one could actually lose money when the contract passes.

browned out

I’m in the central pa region and even though it’s not a local issue I will not vote for a contract until I know exact details of teamcare for the next 5 years. How anyone can vote for a contract that manages the next 5 years of your life without knowing what your healthcare costs are is beyond me. Depending on things like the yearly deductible, co-pays, etc. one could actually lose money when the contract passes.

I would think that since you are in a local that voted your local supplement down..you could demand to know the health care specifics. Different parts of the country have different providers, etc. If the deductibles still exist; you could most likely negotiate some improvements in your local supplement to offset those costs.