Out for a Few Weeks

Star B

White Lightening
Hey folks, do you think I’d have a case if I filed a civil suit against the owner of the building where I fell? For not clearing the ice and snow?
consult an attorney but I'm sure they will tell you that your case isn't worth much... you gotta remember anything you recover will probably be split three ways.... your lawyer, workers comp, and yourself.

Star B

White Lightening
Like I said, check with an attorney, but I would not be surprised if you had to three way it. Workers Comp has also been injured (fiscally) by the actions of the defendant and they are entitled to a piece of the pie.

floridays

Like I said, check with an attorney, but I would not be surprised if you had to three way it. Workers Comp has also been injured (fiscally) by the actions of the defendant and they are entitled to a piece of the pie.
Workman's comp would get nothing, they aren't a party to the suit. If anything, according to the scenario you presented, his award might be diminished by the payments he's received from workmans's comp. Doubtful an attorney would take it anyway. It's only an opinion though.

Last edited:

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Workman's comp would get nothing, they aren't a party to the suit. If anything, according to the scenario you presented, his award might be diminished by the payments he's received from workmans's comp. Doubtful an attorney would take it anyway. It's only an opinion though.
When I sued a homeowner’s insurance for a dog bite, WC got their money off the top.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
A25E52E0-1AD0-4807-ADA2-1D8CD4B9C675.gif
Hey folks, do you think I’d have a case if I filed a civil suit against the owner of the building where I fell? For not clearing the ice and snow?

Star B

White Lightening
They would be an involuntary plaintiff. That's how my WC was listed on my lawsuit.