Out of package cars...REALLY?

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewed
Well in a way every peak is different, we were planing on peak being like the average day from last year, but we ended having DHL go under, im not saying thats the root cause of the issues just saying everypeak is differen

Once again Drewed, in your 3 year tenure at UPS you have such a vast knowledge of past experiences and now are even using "we" like you are part of the decision making team. Sometimes you are so full of yourself and what you think you know that you can't see the forest for the trees. It's ok to be intelligent, but do you really know everything, about UPS anyway?

Dewed looks like you have the beginnings of a BBAG-like fan club.:dissapointed:
She might be a stalker. :angry:

upsgrunt

Sorry Hoax
Wrong on both counts- Just mind boggling how a 3 year employee can have answers to EVERY situation hourly, managerial, psychological, financial, and whatever else I left out.

I aint no she, but make me an offer:happy-very:

Paid-over-in-Maine

15 more years of this!
Well in a way every peak is different, we were planing on peak being like the average day from last year, but we ended having DHL go under, im not saying thats the root cause of the issues just saying everypeak is different
The good thing is, everything went according to the plan.
The bad thing is, it was a bad plan!

outamyway

You know, as a loader I used to hate when an air driver would take one of my bulk cars and he'd bring it back with the boxes all over the place. Now I'm on the other end of it.

Friday I took a Forum Shops bulk car. There wasn't even that much in it when I took it, but man, there was a huge pile of boxes outside all over the ground when I got back. I just backed it up to the front of the pile, did my "done with this truck routine" and proceeded to find an empty car for 10:30 air(not all of the 22.3 drivers deliver 10:30 air). Not much I could do. It was 8:45 when I returned to the building.

On another note, there were 6 big box rentals outside tonight when I left.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Once again Drewed, in your 3 year tenure at UPS you have such a vast knowledge of past experiences and now are even using "we" like you are part of the decision making team. Sometimes you are so full of yourself and what you think you know that you can't see the forest for the trees. It's ok to be intelligent, but do you really know everything, about UPS anyway?

Yeah, I'm on my 31st peak, and I know BS when I see it.

705red

Browncafe Steward
3 months ago dhl was in business with only rumors floating around. Gas is now $3 a gallon cheaper than 3 months ago. Ups predicted (magic ball) several months ago that this peak would be mild. So no new seasonal drivers, very minimal rentals and they are looking in to plans on laying off and how many come the first of the year.

How about coming up with a solid game plan for the next 2 and a half weeks to get us through Christmas! I have read that other places were hit "expectantly" with more volume this week. I can see missing projections by a hundred pieces or so, but we had a day this week were we had 16,000 more pieces.

If a driver brought back 1 piece and forget to scan it he would be talked to, but if he brought back 10 he would be fired! But its ok to drop the ball in the ivory tower to the tunes of hundreds of thousands of packages.

I could only imagine the outcome if us the drivers went out with the same lack luster approach in delivering these packages as what was put in to "guessing" the numbers.

W

westsideworma

The good thing is, everything went according to the plan.
The bad thing is, it was a bad plan!

I have said it every year this one included. UPS supposedly plans for peak all year long. I ask it after the first week....who came up with this plan because they need to be fired. Seriously, that's the best you guys came up with? A 3rd grade math class could figure out the logistics of giving a preloader twice the work with an extra 30 minutes of load time and guess how it would play out. Same for the drivers, giving them 2 or 3 times the stop count isn't remedied by just giving them a runner in most cases. Oh well. BTW yes we're out of package cars in worcester lol.

705red

Browncafe Steward
According to your math, gas is now $1 a gallon. 2 big days generated by the Monday after Thanksgiving volume, and you feel like this is the biggest peak ever. Look at corporate numbers.....oh wait, they're not listed in the IBOT circle jerk weekly. You get paid GREAT money to scan every package, so quit bitching about how you get in trouble for NOT doing your job. And it's "we the drivers", not "us the drivers". So, according to my math, stupid X 5 = 705red, and UPS + Dealing with the unexpected as best as we possibly can =2008Brown. I am so glad that we took precautions not to hire any retarded (705REtarD) drivers in my center. We're cruising along with no worries.

Gas is down to $1.60 here now from $4.50 a gallon. People are now saving a ton on gas and obviously spending more and shopping online. Its morons like you and the ie pin heads that are paid to see this coming and blew it!

Ups is real lucky that they don't have a bunch of you running around! If you were my sup i probably would tank it on purpose just to spite you, you spineless little weasel!

Your center? Maybe one day you will be promoted to head pretzel boy, dont forget the cheese!

Leftinbuilding

According to your math, gas is now $1 a gallon. 2 big days generated by the Monday after Thanksgiving volume, and you feel like this is the biggest peak ever. Look at corporate numbers.....oh wait, they're not listed in the IBOT circle jerk weekly. You get paid GREAT money to scan every package, so quit bitching about how you get in trouble for NOT doing your job. And it's "we the drivers", not "us the drivers". So, according to my math, stupid X 5 = 705red, and UPS + Dealing with the unexpected as best as we possibly can =2008Brown. I am so glad that we took precautions not to hire any retarded (705REtarD) drivers in my center. We're cruising along with no worries.

Popcorn, get yer popcorn here.............:gun_banda

Catatonic

Nine Lives
G

Ups is real lucky that they don't have a bunch of you running around! If you were my sup i probably would tank it on purpose just to spite you, you spineless little weasel!

I don't think he is actually a Sup ... just a troll trying to get people worked up.
I would suggest just ignoring him.

brownrodster

My P5 this week was used for EAM's. So when I got to the belt I didn't have a truck and had to wait for the EAM driver to come in. However, one day almost my entire load was in a pile waiting for the truck to show. That was one of the best days I've ever had because I got to load my own truck. Everything was loaded perfect and I busted out the stops on that route like I never have before.

We were told no rentals and no peak drivers by the management team. So far it's working out. I, however only a lonely driver, think we are going to be screwed in a week or two. It's hard to be productive when you have a truck that's 100% bricked out and loaded by just throwing stuff in wherever it will fit.

outamyway

Has there already been a lot of stuff left behind at other buildings also?

We've had quite a few piles of boxes and bulk left behind everyday since late November.

browniehound

I have noticed zero rentals also!

It looks like UPS wants to stay "lean and mean" because every year of my employment "Budget" rental trucks were hired (it was nice because of the great heat and radio!).

This year I have yet to see a rental truck. Apparently UPS will go with what they have at my center.

It appears to be a great a management desicion . The money saved from not using rentals is very signifigant in my opinion. It just makes sense every way you look at it, i.e. cut costs where ever possible.

However, we are having problems with not having enough package cars to move the volume:happy2:. Great job UPS!

You want to move the parcels but don't want to spend the money on the vehicles to move them?

Good grief!

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
You want to move the parcels but don't want to spend the money on the vehicles to move them?

Good grief!

The decision on how many rentals will be allowed per center....is made by people from IE who manage on the basis of wishful thinking rather than reality.

They come up with a Plan. Once formed, the Plan cannot be altered or changed. It cannot be disputed. It is chiseled in stone. If it doesnt work, they will simply pretend that it works.

old levi's

blank space
Sorry Hoax
Wrong on both counts- Just mind boggling how a 3 year employee can have answers to EVERY situation hourly, managerial, psychological, financial, and whatever else I left out.

I aint no she, but make me an offer:happy-very:

I don't know when he has time to work; he's always on here spewing his wisdom on everyone.

old levi's

blank space
I don't know if the center is using rentals. I'm 40 miles away loading my truck in the middle of a parking lot in the rain. You gotta love those satellites.l

Pip

Started off peak with getting 2 800's from Baltimore. Day later we got 2 rentals this past Tuesday. Compared to last years peak we had 6 rentals 2 weeks before Thanksgiving. Things are definitely slow compared to years past.