Out with the armstrong steering trucks and manaul shifters

browniehound

That high step makes it all worth while.
This is the part that kills me. Yes, the non-power steering is a chore and is killing my shoulders more than managment's request and demonstration to "square up" when closing the bulk-head door to prevent shoulder injuries. Give me a freaking break! Think about the stress on our shoulders just trying to back one of these beasts on a dock? I can close the bulk-head door with 1 finger. It takes both arms and all shoulder muscles plus all my strength to steer a package car. And they blame shoulder injuries on not shutting the bulk-head door properly?

Also, I'm about 5 6 and the step is over my knee. How long can I work safely with the methods before I get injured for being too short and the step being too high? Its freaking brutal!

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Also, I'm about 5 6 and the step is over my knee. How long can I work safely with the methods before I get injured for being too short and the step being too high? Its freaking brutal!

I love how they babble on and on about avoiding "end-range motion".

The older cars are nothing but one big "end-range motion" to work out of. You can barely reach the hand rail; you can barely lift your leg high enough to get your foot up onto the bottom step; you can't get in or out of the tiny door with a large package without twisting and bending; and you cant sit in the non-adjustable seat and drive them without bending your knees outward as if you were at the gynecologists office with your feet in the stirrups.

UPS's complete and total disregard for the safety of the driver of one of these POS's is appalling. We spend hundreds of thousands of dollars per year paying our people to regurgitate acronyms and recite commentaries in order to pass Keter audits and create a phony "culture of safety"...only to turn around and dispatch them in obsolete equipment that is about as "safe" as a medeival torture rack.

I wonder if the Automotive and Corporate management who dismiss our complaints about these vehicles....have ever had to run a route out of one themselves for any length of time. I suppose all the package cars look the same from behind a desk.