Outsourcing orientation/hiring process to the phillipines is a joke.

Buddah

Why does UPS outsource their entire seasonal hiring and orientation process to the Phillipines now? Every other year I have worked seasonally I get an invite to apply early, my background check takes a couple days and then I am working. This year you have to wait on hold for hours to talk to someone who doesn't understand anything. They have deleted people's apps. Background checks take weeks and weeks. The ups auto text messenger texted me multiple times daily after completing my application asking me to complete my application. When you call and ask them to for status they pull up old apps from years ago and tell you your app is closed? Hello clearly I am referencing the one from this year I'm not trying to time travel back into the past to work. It's wild that a company So large has no HR or communication. Last year they told me twice to go to the center and both times the center wasn't aware any of us were coming. Who could've thought it would get worse.

TSB

Yeah, I'm a road hog
Every peak season two things happen. One, they try to re-invent the wheel. Two, peak season catches them completely off guard. This happens EVERY year.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Why does UPS outsource their entire seasonal hiring and orientation process to the Phillipines now? Every other year I have worked seasonally I get an invite to apply early, my background check takes a couple days and then I am working. This year you have to wait on hold for hours to talk to someone who doesn't understand anything. They have deleted people's apps. Background checks take weeks and weeks. The ups auto text messenger texted me multiple times daily after completing my application asking me to complete my application. When you call and ask them to for status they pull up old apps from years ago and tell you your app is closed? Hello clearly I am referencing the one from this year I'm not trying to time travel back into the past to work. It's wild that a company So large has no HR or communication. Last year they told me twice to go to the center and both times the center wasn't aware any of us were coming. Who could've thought it would get worse.
They got rid of their H.R department. We went from 5 or 6 to 1.
They are a corporation, their purpose is to make money not spend it on employees.

HavenoEDD

This is the Tome playbook as she did the same thing with Home depot before she ran off.
Outsource or/and reduce services and make the existing work force struggle to maintain levels. The work force will work harder because they care about customers but they help Tomes goal and sadly it means a stressed and strained workforce.
She doesn’t care about the bottom as her job is to satisfy the shareholders and she runs for the hills when there’s nothing else to outsource. With UPS, she will try to get less hands on packages and more machines. HR went away as did other positions. Mechanics have been cut, clerks and service centers have and well follow. Management positions will be cut.

Remember “better not bigger”.

I hope O’Brien is 10% of what he has portrayed and goes after Tome and co. Some of us have some pride about this place and the outsourcing and cuts are showing with our commercial and some residential customers. They are getting frustrated as are we.

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
tony-soprano.gif