Over Dispatches and 9 hour days.

542thruNthru

Kind of like the coach tells the Quarterback in the NFL to do it a certain way, do you think the Quarterback tells the coach come show me how to do it?

Just a thought.....

Telling someone to do it a certain way and telling someone to do it faster is two different things.

That's why they are called a coach, because they..... coach. Try it sometime.

rod

Retired 22 years
I can't remember the last time, I heard of IE doing a "physical" time study.

-Bug-

I wonder what happened to all those big old fancy clipboards that had 3 stop watches mounted on them?
open the bulk head door - click
shut the bulkhead door - click
step out of the truck - click
get back in the truck - click
go in the bathroom - click
come out of the bathroom- click

Coldworld

60 months and counting
You’ll only lose time. So no reason to worry about it.
Lol.... I gained 45 minutes in a time study @Dragon.... and guess what, it lasted for 2 weeks then went back to the old allowance. My mgt at the center couldn’t tell me what happen....you think that is ok??? What BS reason are you going to give me for that happening....ummm yeah, that’s what I thought biotch

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Lol.... I gained 45 minutes in a time study @Dragon.... and guess what, it lasted for 2 weeks then went back to the old allowance. My mgt at the center couldn’t tell me what happen....you think that is ok??? What BS reason are you going to give me for that happening....ummm yeah, that’s what I thought biotch
I’ve told this story a few times. Our center numbers were terrible so our center manager worked and worked to get a center wide study. He was like I know my guys they aren’t dogging it.

We lost 24 hours as a center.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I’ve told this story a few times. Our center numbers were terrible so our center manager worked and worked to get a center wide study. He was like I know my guys they aren’t dogging it.

We lost 24 hours as a center.
I wouldn’t expect anything less from a corporation..

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
Kind of like the coach tells the Quarterback in the NFL to do it a certain way, do you think the Quarterback tells the coach come show me how to do it?

Just a thought.....
Just remember...coaches lose games. Quarterbacks win games. Now go fudge some part timer's timecard so you can make those numbers so the dm doesn't turn you over his knee in the morning.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
You can ask 10 on roads something about time studies and get 10 different answers..... years ago the union went to a top college to get them to figure out if ups production numbers were correct and if we were being given a decent time allowance to do things ... the school said they would have to have the actual metrics that ups uses so they could figure out a sample day per those metrics. Ups said they are confidential information that are not public info....maybe @BigUnionGuy has more information on this... so they want you to run certain numbers but they won’t let you know how these numbers are calculated... it’s basically smoke and mirrors because if we all were in the know then their numbers could be debunked ....

I could start keeping records of my stops, pieces, and hours as well as under/over everyday. Eventually I could figure out how the numbers are derived. That's basically what I've been doing, without writing anything down, so my understanding isn't precise, just enough to give me an idea of how they come up with the numbers.

So how can you get the “unit area’s” time looked at or adjusted,?

We aren't supposed to worry about the numbers, but I understand that if one route has more generous allowance than another then one driver can be making more money than another for the same work. That's the only somewhat legitimate issue I can see with the set up. If that's not a concern for you, then you shouldn't worry about trying to get your numbers adjusted.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I could start keeping records of my stops, pieces, and hours as well as under/over everyday. Eventually I could figure out how the numbers are derived. That's basically what I've been doing, without writing anything down, so my understanding isn't precise, just enough to give me an idea of how they come up with the numbers.

We aren't supposed to worry about the numbers, but I understand that if one route has more generous allowance than another then one driver can be making more money than another for the same work. That's the only somewhat legitimate issue I can see with the set up. If that's not a concern for you, then you shouldn't worry about trying to get your numbers adjusted.
You are only guaranteed 8 hours a day and a fair days work for a fair days pay applies.... they can’t fire you for bogus production numbers....I haven’t seen it happen in 25+ years....not once but mgt will tell you till they are blue in the face that it can happen.... BS

Signature Only

Blue in Brown

Just a thought.....
Management loves to harass drivers to perform at unrealistic levels. Our center was told we would be terminated if we didn't maintain the Sphor from our "lock-in rides"

The local's principal officer was down the next day and handed out arbitration decisions concerning this matter.

At that time there had been 3 decisions and all were decided in the "EMPLOYEE'S" favor.

And being arbitration decisions...they became and are now part of the contract between Teamsters and UPS.

A driver cannot be fired for failing to maintain Sphor. The principle of "A fair days work for a fair days pay" is the law.

But that doesn't keep the company from threats, harassment, warning letters, suspensions and terminations.

Grievances should handle the treats and harassment.

Warning letters, suspensions and terminations will be overturned at panel.

But that doesn't keep the company from doing them. They love to throw drivers out on the street, firing them on a Friday, making them sit, unpaid and afraid, until the next panel hearing which could be up to 6 weeks away. Now at panel the terminations are overturned and the employee receives all back-pay and benefits but that doesn't help when the employee is sitting at home with no income.

Remember....management will do anything to harass and threaten a driver into running their guts out to meet a production level that cannot be maintained over the long-haul.

And management does this because they are constantly threatened with terminations and reassignments (via conference calls) on a daily basis.

Management will pull you into the office and go over your "Sparks" report, demanding that you account for any time gap.

So....

Keep good records, insert a letter in remarks before you "Stop Complete" if there's a delay. Let that letter stand for a certain situation...(A = heavy package, B = aggressive dog, C = customers demanded to inspect package....etc

And file harassment grievances as often as necessary.

Once they see that you won't be intimidated they'll move on to someone else.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Management loves to harass drivers to perform at unrealistic levels. Our center was told we would be terminated if we didn't maintain the Sphor from our "lock-in rides"

The local's principal officer was down the next day and handed out arbitration decisions concerning this matter.

At that time there had been 3 decisions and all were decided in the "EMPLOYEE'S" favor.

And being arbitration decisions...they became and are now part of the contract between Teamsters and UPS.

A driver cannot be fired for failing to maintain Sphor. The principle of "A fair days work for a fair days pay" is the law.

But that doesn't keep the company from threats, harassment, warning letters, suspensions and terminations.

Grievances should handle the treats and harassment.

Warning letters, suspensions and terminations will be overturned at panel.

But that doesn't keep the company from doing them. They love to throw drivers out on the street, firing them on a Friday, making them sit, unpaid and afraid, until the next panel hearing which could be up to 6 weeks away. Now at panel the terminations are overturned and the employee receives all back-pay and benefits but that doesn't help when the employee is sitting at home with no income.

Remember....management will do anything to harass and threaten a driver into running their guts out to meet a production level that cannot be maintained over the long-haul.

And management does this because they are constantly threatened with terminations and reassignments (via conference calls) on a daily basis.

Management will pull you into the office and go over your "Sparks" report, demanding that you account for any time gap.

So....

Keep good records, insert a letter in remarks before you "Stop Complete" if there's a delay. Let that letter stand for a certain situation...(A = heavy package, B = aggressive dog, C = customers demanded to inspect package....etc

And file harassment grievances as often as necessary.

Once they see that you won't be intimidated they'll move on to someone else.
Why go through the trouble of keeping track of all delays?

“I don’t recall”

The burden of proof is on them. Unless they witnessed you stealing time you really have no reason to appease their requests.

Indecisi0n

giphy.gif

Dragon

Package Center Manager

and how do you know you got a "new allowance"...