Over Dispatches and 9 hour days.

Discussion in 'UPS Union Issues' started by Ipopsheep, Jan 23, 2019.

1. Signature Only

Signature Only Blue in Brown

Well I'm surprised "BigUnionGuy"

Simply go to your local.

See the president or principal officer.

Ask to see the arbitration decisions....they are available via CD disks.

If your local doesn't have a complete collection, you could obtain them from the Joint Council that governs your local.

Insert into the CD slot on your computer.

Sit back and read...

And hopefully learn.

2. Signature Only

Number 1987:

Go to your local.

See the president or principle officer.

Ask to see the arbitration decisions. They are available on CD disks.

If your local doesn't have them, or a complete collection, you could obtain them from the Joint Council that governs your local.

Insert one into the CD slot on your computer.

Sit back and read....

And hopefully learn.

And what makes you think I'm no longer pushing packages?

3. BigUnionGuy

BigUnionGuy Got the T-Shirt

Really....

:biggrin:

[​IMG]

-Bug-

4. Coldworld

Coldworld Bad mall cop...no donut!!!

Give it a few days....

5. Netsua 3:16

Netsua 3:16 Active Member

We had a rough peak, we were maxing out hours then jumping on a 6th day. Since the 2nd week in Jan. our center has everybody 9.5 or under with the exception of 3-4 guys who asked for heavy OT days....I don't know about other places but out production numbers have skyrocketed.....most drivers want to be home with their families so when they have an opportunity to get off at 5:30-6:00 they tend to move faster and produce at a higher clip....just what I've observed. Hopefully this will incentivize UPS to continue with the lighter dispatch/more cars on road, but you just can't have any expectations around here.

6. Skooney

Skooney Active Member

Bull:censored2:. They still run time studies in our center. On car sup and IE were out running them the other day in a new delivery area we start covering April 1st.

7. Signature Only

8. browned out

browned out Well-Known Member

9. vvv

vvv Active Member

With the weight of the handcart and then the boxes included you shouldn't even be pulling 6 in at a time.
    I can assume that they weigh possibly 40LBS each. You'd be hard pressed to find me hauling in any more than 3 at a time even if the weather was perfect outside.
    Just because the boxes fit on the cart doesn't mean you have to overload yourself. It's all what you feel you can handle and control in a SAFE manner.