Over Dispatches and 9 hour days.

Signature Only

Blue in Brown
Well;

That is because it was SPARCS.... not sparks.

It goes all the way back to DIAD 1.

Telematics, provides the company with what is a "virtual time study".

Same thing.

I would have to respectfully disagree.... unless, you have specific examples.

Well I'm surprised "BigUnionGuy"

Simply go to your local.

See the president or principal officer.

Ask to see the arbitration decisions....they are available via CD disks.

If your local doesn't have a complete collection, you could obtain them from the Joint Council that governs your local.

Insert into the CD slot on your computer.

Sit back and read...

And hopefully learn.

Signature Only

Blue in Brown
What record? Is that posted somewhere? All this stuff has changed since you been out the game. Go enjoy your retirement.

Number 1987:

Go to your local.

See the president or principle officer.

Ask to see the arbitration decisions. They are available on CD disks.

If your local doesn't have them, or a complete collection, you could obtain them from the Joint Council that governs your local.

Insert one into the CD slot on your computer.

Sit back and read....

And hopefully learn.

And what makes you think I'm no longer pushing packages?

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Well I'm surprised "BigUnionGuy"

Simply go to your local.

See the president or principal officer.

Ask to see the arbitration decisions....they are available via CD disks.

Really....

:biggrin:

35n2fmh.jpg

-Bug-

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
We had a rough peak, we were maxing out hours then jumping on a 6th day. Since the 2nd week in Jan. our center has everybody 9.5 or under with the exception of 3-4 guys who asked for heavy OT days....I don't know about other places but out production numbers have skyrocketed.....most drivers want to be home with their families so when they have an opportunity to get off at 5:30-6:00 they tend to move faster and produce at a higher clip....just what I've observed. Hopefully this will incentivize UPS to continue with the lighter dispatch/more cars on road, but you just can't have any expectations around here.

Skooney

fyi there is no such thing as time studies anymore

each unit area has characteristics assigned to it that give it X amount of hours/piece, hours/stop, and hours/mile

Bull:censored2:. They still run time studies in our center. On car sup and IE were out running them the other day in a new delivery area we start covering April 1st.

vvv

Management says the dispatch I received should have me back at the center and punched out with our lunch included at 18:35. I got back at 19:20. Management says it was feasible and I should have been able to do it. I say I had 200 t-shirt boxes to deliver to 10 different business. I can only fit 6 t-shirt boxes on my cart at a time and its heavy. Not only that I am dragging these stupid boxes in a winter storm. Long story short. my question is:

How do we defend ourselves from over-dispatching and rogue managers in regards to everyone being on the 9-5 list after new contract? I put in a hard days work and don't fart around yet I cant make these impossible time tables. I need to be able to defend myself against this.

With the weight of the handcart and then the boxes included you shouldn't even be pulling 6 in at a time.
I can assume that they weigh possibly 40LBS each. You'd be hard pressed to find me hauling in any more than 3 at a time even if the weather was perfect outside.
Just because the boxes fit on the cart doesn't mean you have to overload yourself. It's all what you feel you can handle and control in a SAFE manner.