over supervising/ harassment or just in my head?

browntroll

im wondering when is something considered over supervising/harassment. i have a few sups when i go to unload that seem to watch me more than others, today i went to the unload since my area was light. so im unloading and i have this sup who does some sort of revenue control thing so he has make sure some scanner on top of the unload belts are working, but hes watching me unload for a good 20 min. also have another full time sup just watch me for 20 min when i do unload. the actual unload sup only watches me for 2 min at most then walks away. the sups watch me from far away where as the unload sup will stand outside my trailer tell me if im doing something wrong(i normally do on purpose) then leaves.

greengrenades

To be the man, you gotta beat the man.
work at your on pace and don't worry about them. when i was in unload i had a supervisor that would walk up to the door and yell "lets go" over and over again. i would cuss him, yell at him etc. I finally just had to ignore it.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I'm a strong proponent of file if YOU feel you're harassed. This however isn't even close. Just do your job they can stare at you all day if they like.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
I have learned that they tend to avoid the crazy ones .
So get used to being a noise maker .

Being an old fart , I like to shout out that I been working here since their parents were in diapers .

browntroll

I'm a strong proponent of file if YOU feel you're harassed. This however isn't even close. Just do your job they can stare at you all day if they like.
ok, just making sure. now im assuming this isn't one of those double standards if i get "caught" staring at a female employee for too long then
they also cant say anything? i have heard of pt timers filing on pt sups for this and pt sups got in trouble. normally i dont care but both of these guys
give me a stare like if they have a stick up their ass and im the one putting it there.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
ok, just making sure. now im assuming this isn't one of those double standards if i get "caught" staring at a female employee for too long then
they also cant say anything? i have heard of pt timers filing on pt sups for this and pt sups got in trouble. normally i dont care but both of these guys
give me a stare like if they have a stick up their ass and im the one putting it there.
They're doing it for a reason...it's all a mind game....unless you did something wrong to warrant the supervision. Ask them if they'd like some popcorn...that'll usually make them go elsewhere.

im wondering when is something considered over supervising/harassment. i have a few sups when i go to unload that seem to watch me more than others, today i went to the unload since my area was light. so im unloading and i have this sup who does some sort of revenue control thing so he has make sure some scanner on top of the unload belts are working, but hes watching me unload for a good 20 min. also have another full time sup just watch me for 20 min when i do unload. the actual unload sup only watches me for 2 min at most then walks away. the sups watch me from far away where as the unload sup will stand outside my trailer tell me if im doing something wrong(i normally do on purpose) then leaves.
Are you a female?

browntroll

They're doing it for a reason...it's all a mind game....unless you did something wrong to warrant the supervision. Ask them if they'd like some popcorn...that'll usually make them go elsewhere.
i asked another sup about it since he always calls me for me for tech help, i guess the first sup has this problem where he
thinks all pters are dumb and instead of telling them they're doing something wrong he just stares at them with a mad look. the other guy
he doesnt know why but he does seem to have some issue where he doesnt like me and 2 other pters so he walks to where we are to try
and catch us for something he can write us up for or complain to our sups to discipline us. i can only assume it was one time over a year ago
he tried to rush me in the unload and i told him to go back to his area then he tried to get me to use a load stand and i just threw it out of the
trailer.

My sup when I first started would just stare at me and give me this look. They didn't really give me proper time to become a good sorter either, before throwing me on a bar and then when I wasn't up to speed asking if I wanted to go home and "are you alright?". It was easy to see they were pulling something. It's all a mind game. Don't let them win, do your job.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Maybe you're the Baryshnikov of the unload and they want to watch the show.
MIKHAIL_BARYSHNIKOV.jpg

Regardless, keep your eyes on your work and don't worry about it.