Jerrystch

I am a ups driver that has an ongoing worker’s compensation case. On 8/19/21 I worked as a package car driver from around 9am until around 10pm. I was told by management to work the next day. I had little to no sleep and came to work on 8/20/21 at 4am(preload shift). During the end of the preload shift around 8am I got a call and text from management telling me I must now drive a package car delivering air packages / shuttling for a few more hours. At this point I was holding myself from collapsing due to lack of sleep. I told management It would be difficult for me to drive since I had no rest, but they demanded I drive. In emergency I called my ShopStewart and explained I going to kill someone if I get into that package car and drive! There was no doubt in my mind someone was going to die that day. Again on 8/24/21 I worked all day as a package car driver. That day I got off around 9pm but was told by Management that I must work pre load shift at 4:45 am. I arrived at work as instructed but again they pushed hostile work conditions on me by having me half asleep and demanding I stay working for a full 8hrs. At this point I’m extremely irritable and having a very hard time concentrating. Once again I ask why am I being forced to do this.
The reply I got was because we are not paying you to see your work comp doctors nor physical therapy. What should I do? Any advice plz…

GenericUsername

I kinda skimmed this so just...whatever.

If you got hurt at work, you get paid to go to worker comp doctor and PT. You drive to the center, sign whatever sheet they have you sign for TAW (ours is in our OMS office), then go to your appointment. Play your cards right you even get paid the mileage from work to the doctor and back. :)

542thruNthru

I am a ups driver that has an ongoing worker’s compensation case. On 8/19/21 I worked as a package car driver from around 9am until around 10pm. I was told by management to work the next day. I had little to no sleep and came to work on 8/20/21 at 4am(preload shift). During the end of the preload shift around 8am I got a call and text from management telling me I must now drive a package car delivering air packages / shuttling for a few more hours. At this point I was holding myself from collapsing due to lack of sleep. I told management It would be difficult for me to drive since I had no rest, but they demanded I drive. In emergency I called my ShopStewart and explained I going to kill someone if I get into that package car and drive! There was no doubt in my mind someone was going to die that day. Again on 8/24/21 I worked all day as a package car driver. That day I got off around 9pm but was told by Management that I must work pre load shift at 4:45 am. I arrived at work as instructed but again they pushed hostile work conditions on me by having me half asleep and demanding I stay working for a full 8hrs. At this point I’m extremely irritable and having a very hard time concentrating. Once again I ask why am I being forced to do this.
The reply I got was because we are not paying you to see your work comp doctors nor physical therapy. What should I do? Any advice plz…
So you're on work comp??

What's position are you that your driving all day one day and then doing preload the next?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
What does work comp have to do with any of this?

You couldn’t drive because you were going to kill someone….how did you get home from work?

Dr.Brownz

UPS could face HUGE monetary fines because of this, especially since it sounds like UPS threatened you didn't work. Not having 10 hours off between driving shifts is a DOT violation.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Man , you guys are getting soft.
Got my CDL in 1980 and routinely worked 80 hours a week and more truck driving using 2 log books before the DOT crackdown . And that included loading and unloading our own trailers.
Then at UPS averaged 55-60 hours a week and it was like being on vacation.

don't even bother.....

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Man , you guys are getting soft.
Got my CDL in 1980 and routinely worked 80 hours a week and more truck driving using 2 log books before the DOT crackdown . And that included loading and unloading our own trailers.
Then at UPS averaged 55-60 hours a week and it was like being on vacation.

don't even bother.....
That’s fantastic when did you find time to work down at the club

oldngray

nowhere special
That’s fantastic when did you find time to work down at the club
band camp.jpg

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Waaah, no sleep. Try having an infant wailing all night and the noise keeps you up even though you yell at the wife downstairs to keep the kid quiet!