watdaflock?

I am a ups driver that has an ongoing worker’s compensation case. On 8/19/21 I worked as a package car driver from around 9am until around 10pm. I was told by management to work the next day. I had little to no sleep and came to work on 8/20/21 at 4am(preload shift). During the end of the preload shift around 8am I got a call and text from management telling me I must now drive a package car delivering air packages / shuttling for a few more hours. At this point I was holding myself from collapsing due to lack of sleep. I told management It would be difficult for me to drive since I had no rest, but they demanded I drive. In emergency I called my ShopStewart and explained I going to kill someone if I get into that package car and drive! There was no doubt in my mind someone was going to die that day. Again on 8/24/21 I worked all day as a package car driver. That day I got off around 9pm but was told by Management that I must work pre load shift at 4:45 am. I arrived at work as instructed but again they pushed hostile work conditions on me by having me half asleep and demanding I stay working for a full 8hrs. At this point I’m extremely irritable and having a very hard time concentrating. Once again I ask why am I being forced to do this.
The reply I got was because we are not paying you to see your work comp doctors nor physical therapy. What should I do? Any advice plz…
Are you a driver or a preloader? Make up your mind.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
First off, if work rules about hours are being broken, get with your union, now.
Second, how old are you? Did you never party all night and work all day , or was that just me? Without the help of 5 hour energy or red bull...or a phone.....

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Waaah, no sleep. Try having an infant wailing all night and the noise keeps you up even though you yell at the wife downstairs to keep the kid quiet!
Try being the one taking care of the child, and still going to work, after being up all night...And getting babysitter, or taking to childcare, and do it daily.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Tell him how tough we had it back in the day

No DIADS, No power steering stick shifts
But we got a turkey
frozen pens, writing on paper, 2 foot first step, wooden shelf splinters, actual key for paddlock on door..Air leaks in winter, so bad....No shorts in summer. Not as many convienience stores on every corner. But the beer was cold at night, and the comraderie was great.

oldngray

nowhere special
frozen pens, writing on paper, 2 foot first step, wooden shelf splinters, actual key for paddlock on door..Air leaks in winter, so bad....No shorts in summer. Not as many convienience stores on every corner. But the beer was cold at night, and the comraderie was great.
The conditions were far worse but the dispatches were also far more reasonable. Not like peak all year.