Overboard Termination looking for advice

UPSGUY72

I know about leads it was just a quick run and I was done I should've went with my gut and yelled out for the lower belt to be shut off but I was just off my game that day I agree with you.

I love it when people don't follow the rules and get fired and say I only broke the rules for a a couple of seconds or a "quick run". Your not suppose to be running either..... Follow the rules there they to keep you and your fellow employees unhurt and better yet alive.

I love it when people don't follow the rules and get fired and say I only broke the rules for a a couple of seconds or a "quick run". Your not suppose to be running either..... Follow the rules there they to keep you and your fellow employees unhurt and better yet alive.
I didn't actually run figure of speech but I agree those rules are to keep me safe I just got caught up with the weekend and got too happy and screwed up.

Rainman

Its all good.
Sir, I too, am familiar with the LEADS acronym.

You've never been on the sort aisle. Sorting a trailer AND a runout/missort belt.

You've never manned a pickoff tower.

You've never sorted a charge aisle.

You've never unloaded/loaded a package car/trailer.

See where I'm going? You've never experienced life at brown in the same manner, OP has.

You've never been put in the same corner OP has. Somehow, here you are. Seriously...

View attachment 55055
"You don't have to know how to load/sort/pickoff to be able to deliver 'em."

Rainman

Its all good.
The guy admitted he screwed up. No need to beat him up about it. He's taking his knocks like a man, cut him some slack.

UPSGUY72

The guy admitted he screwed up. No need to beat him up about it. He's taking his knocks like a man, cut him some slack.

I didn't say he didn't I just said I I love it when people try to minimize what they did to make it seem like it wasn't a big deal....

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Lol yh that's pretty much what happened and I got the axe for comradiry I can't survive on a dairy queen salary though so I have to get back to work.
Honestly, it ain't worth it. Let the belts jam up, melt down, catch fire, if you can't shut down a belt to help a co-worker, or whatever the case may be....that's why UPS pays supervisors, to supervise.

mike1646

In my building the preload runs the irregs on the belt while they're pulling the cages. That's an exception to the rules even thou it's unsafe. Probably because the belt is low and if you fall you won't go too far.

PT Car Washer

In my building the preload runs the irregs on the belt while they're pulling the cages. That's an exception to the rules even thou it's unsafe. Probably because the belt is low and if you fall you won't go too far.
They place the irregs on the same belt the preloaders are walking on while pulling cages?