overworked grievance

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The "contract" as you call it only "covers" the issues that have occurred and/or are real possibilities based on related to ongoing issues affecting the parties involved. It CANNOT cover each and every scenario possible.
I dont even know why im arguing with you. Its like teaching calculus to a 4 month old.

Quadratic Formula

Dr.Brownz

As a driver, do you know what I do when I have more packages than what it usually takes me for 9 1/2 hours worth of work? I simply work later. Do you understand? And I still can’t understand if you want less packages or you want to get out of work earlier.

It's obvious. He is working too hard, way harder than anyone else and management is giving him extra work because of it. If the reward for a good effort is more work, the worker is going to get pissed. It's like none of you have ever taken psychology 101.

Daf

No right now I am loading more than other people, I would like it to be even. But also I think everyone is loading too much because the belt is understaffed which is why supervisors work the whole day.
They understaff on purpose. This way you fall for their “emergency”, you start to run your :censored2: off and start letting supervisors work. You do not need to slow down, but you need to pace yourself. Also start filing on the supervisors working. That is the only way to force them to hire more help.

Daf

If I worked longer than 5 hours I get kicked off the clock
literally a supervisor will walk down the belt. last 50 packages sitting out
"clock out"
Ok bro.
You should check if that supervisor is doing your work when you punch out. He is likely stealing your overtime from you.

dudebro

Sorry if this has already been answered here but i looked it up and couldn't find anything. So this whole week I've been loading around 1,100- 1,200 packages during my preload shift(not counting sure post bags, if i did it would be around 1,500), am I able to grieve about this? If so what is the limit for the amount of packages to load during a shift?

The union doesn't recognize any numbers. Numbers just don't exist. If you think you have a number, well, that's your number. It doesn't apply anywhere else. You're doing what now?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
The "contract" as you call it only "covers" the issues that have occurred and/or are real possibilities based on related to ongoing issues affecting the parties involved. It CANNOT cover each and every scenario possible.
I dont even know why im arguing with you. Its like teaching calculus to a 4 month old.

I’am thinking some kind of learning disability

dudebro

Hey knowit all, why would the contract stipulate this remedy if it "never happens"?
Look before you step.
I'm sure either it happened once in 1916 and Casey had to come out of his wallet, or maybe, Teamsters negotiated it in when every other trucking company was failing in the 80's. But with our free cash flow, covering payroll just isn't a realistic problem.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
He is allowed to work overtime before a supervisor is allowed to work.
sup does no work anymore but 5 hours and 15 minutes is start time for most high seniority drivers and they have to pick whatever was left out of the cages and even worse load irregulars left outside since those are naturally the last things remaining to load when I get kicked.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Dude, use your teamsters, band together & file grievance for sups stealing your work... you're paying those dues for nuthin?

(Oops so the sups stopped doing that or until you're out of the building)

Once you are in, your priority is to be safe, not pushing past your limits so u can last for at least another 2 years

Take advantage of the edumicational reimbursement and aim higher as well

Last edited:

dudebro

You are so bad at this. He can grieve it and get payed. Seriously just retire and fade into obscurity, you give horrible advice. Maybe you can take some time to read the contract when you leave.
I thought the top seniority Teamster in the area got paid, not necessarily the OP. Do I have this wrong? It always made sense to me because the Union would get the maximum financial penalty from the company this way.

Dr.Brownz

I thought the top seniority Teamster in the area got paid, not necessarily the OP. Do I have this wrong? It always made sense to me because the Union would get the maximum financial penalty from the company this way.

Depends who feels like they got screwed out of the work, if they sent people home then clearly those people who are sent home are owed it. It's whoever files the grievance here.