P/T Driver Helper Xmas-Drug test

allentownups

Do they drug test they part time driver helpers that work only during the Christmas season? I can't imagine they would being the people only work a month or two. Does anyone know for sure?

hungrydude5

I never was when I was hired for seasonal insider, then got suckered into helper at the same time which sucked, it was like working 14 hour days. But somehow I got suckered into it every year for the past 4 years I've been an insider lol. Not now! I'll either be on a shopping center route or our early air shuttle Can't beat the money being a helper during the day then going in at night or working preload then going out to be a helper, but it's a killer.

Have something that you're worried about.........? Keep in the back of your mind, no tolerance policy. I'm surprised they didn't drug test me after my accident. I think they figured I'm just a :censored2: ;-)

Yes they do test for for things that will get you jacked up like crystal meth,etc. If they find out your clean they will make you take them.

P.S. Thats not a Flintstones vitamin they hand out in the morning.

SmithBarney

Obviously you are worried about getting caught. So let us
put this real simply, go work somewhere else if your keen on getting high.

Its all well and good if you want to experiement when your a kid, but
lets face it if you want to work in this real world lay off the drugs,
you won't make enough money working part time at UPS to enjoy drugs anyway.

Have a good day.

hungrydude5

That 12.88/hr is for insiders only going out as helper and also completing their shift also. Before last peak a lot of insiders were complaining, including me, that it's not worth the then 8.50/hr to work all day and THEN do your shift or do your morning shift then the helper thing. It's not the whole almost having 2 jobs thing. It's the whole, "that's a'lotta boxes you gotta see all day". And it's probably an incentive HR put out there to recruit more helpers from the inside if they're having trouble hiring OTS.

browniehound

Do they drug test they part time driver helpers that work only during the Christmas season? I can't imagine they would being the people only work a month or two. Does anyone know for sure?

They don't test and I know for sure. You will be working for a month. Do you think UPS would add the expense of drug testing for temporary employees to its ever scrutinized balance sheet?

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
over in the washington district it's 11.00 bucks an hour for inside helpers. outside helpers I'm sure get the sausage at 8.5. Work here and you'll be too broke to forget reality.

PAUPSER

I am from PA, and the temp driver helper gets paid in the $12 range and no they don’t do drug test, they don’t do drug tests for permanent part-time ups employees so they defiantly are not going to waste the money on drug tests for seasonal employees. Lets just say UPS will hiring anyone over peak that has a pulse, at least that’s true in my center, lol

Channahon

Just a hunch, but one of your posts asks about being a driver and how does a DUI impact your chances, and now asking about drug testing for a Xmas helper, maybe it's just me, but someone needs to clean up their act to work for UPS as a driver or helper.

A way of the world today, I don't know, but whoever needs the answer, please seek some help.