Package car driver position

JL 0513

They actually said one reason you didn't pass was going a bit under speed limit? Which means going exactly the speed limit or would they prefer over? Some people like to point out that it's the speed LIMIT even though most people treat it as the baseline. Better set cruise control next time!

34yearpackagehumper

I've gotta 2nd @542thruNthru on this one. The road test back when I took it was a Friday afternoon 5 minute drive around the block. Back up 10ft. and park on a hill...done. Granted the package car had power nothing, no backup camera and was a stick compared to these easy to drive package cars today. I hadn't ever really driven a stick prior to that, and didn't much worry about it knowing the test was easy. I ground the gears a few times during my ride and was on the road the following Monday. Here's the keys, here's a map, there's your package car for the day kid...go! But there's absolutely no question that they're harder on these kids today. Towards the end of my UPS days, I saw plenty of potential drivers washed out for not reciting the depth of knowledge questions word for word. Hell, I never learned that crap and drove 30yrs accident free.
I retired 10 plus years ago and was glad to leave. If you can recite the 5 seeing habits (and do them) that should have been enough. Nooooooooo we want you to now remember what amounts to being a small book .

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
They actually said one reason you didn't pass was going a bit under speed limit? Which means going exactly the speed limit or would they prefer over? Some people like to point out that it's the speed LIMIT even though most people treat it as the baseline. Better set cruise control next time!
They told me 34 years ago, “we don’t expect you to speed, but we expect you to drive the limit”.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
... Needless to say I didn’t even come close to passing the road test.... Unfortunately this time I didn’t pass because of driving a bit below the speed limit and during the backing portion... I came close to hitting a trailer. ...
You Asian?

oldngray

nowhere special
youre-a-good-driver.jpg