Package car fans

menotyou

bella amicizia
unnamed.jpgAlways trying to think ahead, ya know!
unnamed.jpg

rocket man

i enjoy the fan it blows the dirt around. its not a fire hazzard at all. if you dont like it dont use it. think of a better post.

onehandsolo

Personaly I like the fan in my package car. It helps to keep me dry in the morning before the afternoon heat kicks in. It does make a difference on hot humid days.

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
We were given the BS line that they can't install fans in the new trucks because it would void the warranty with the manufacturer (but installing telematics won't), but there's ways around it. The route I hope to take over in 2 weeks is one just like the OP mentioned. 33 miles a day, in an urban area, 135 stops a day. It's one of the 1996 Grumman-Olson PS 5-speeds. It had a fan, but they pulled it out it a few years ago. The person whose route it was took a $20 bill down to the shop on the DL and got themselves a brand new Maradyne installed.

Packmule

In the winter, I have to twist my fan around and aim it towards the windshield first, then the right side door windows in order to defrost the windows. When they pull mine, then they can pay me to sit for half an hour, idling.

AKCoverMan

We have fans in the aux cab heaters in our older PCs. They did announce about a year ago that they were not going to just automatically install these on newer PCs. (We never get brand new but recently have been getting 2-3 year old hand me downs from Washington state.) However they did say they would if the standard heater wasn't getting the cab warm. Have not had a problem with one yet and we had a pretty rough winter. I am just glad they keep replacing the old PCs with standard trans and no power steering..

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We are talking about fans which are installed on the dashboard above the DIAD holder designed to circulate the air in the cab to cool off the driver in the summer.

menotyou

bella amicizia
Especially when we wear the shorts!! We are dead sexy in the shorts!!
My DM asked me once what I would do to drum up business. I told him I could wear a miniskirt and a nice form fitting top, considering my area, I would increase business 10 fold. My center manager's twitch became uncontrollable. He stammered and stumbled. The DM had this blank stare on his face. I am not sure if it came before or after I added that I figured it made more sense as some of their ideas. Then, guess what I did? That's right! I giggled and walked away.

My DM asked me once what I would do to drum up business. I told him I could wear a miniskirt and a nice form fitting top, considering my area, I would increase business 10 fold. My center manager's twitch became uncontrollable. He stammered and stumbled. The DM had this blank stare on his face. I am not sure if it came before or after I added that I figured it made more sense as some of their ideas. Then, guess what I did? That's right! I giggled and walked away.

Hey, you stole MY idea!