Package car sizes

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Who in there right mind would want a P1300? Give me a P800/1000 and share some of that load with some other lucky driver.
We have one that will go on a rampage if he doesn't have his 1300. Tried transitioning him to a 1000, he wanted none of it.

Guy even asked if he could fix it himself when it broke down once. We politely declined.

UPSGUY72

One advantage is that the driver is not bricked out and is able to find stops a bit easier.
Still though, gotta wonder how much extra fuel is being wasted by having a truck much too large for this route you mentioned.

They all get about the same gas mileage it not like there is a big difference in the engine size...

Northbaypkg

20 NDA stops daily
We have one that will go on a rampage if he doesn't have his 1300. Tried transitioning him to a 1000, he wanted none of it.

Guy even asked if he could fix it himself when it broke down once. We politely declined.

Sounds like me. I absolutely NEED my 13. When it breaks down and they have to put in a 1000 it sucks ass. That usually means they have to bring stuff out to me because it won't all fit. Truck is always bricked out causing you to fight the load all day while you struggle to find stuff. Then you end up needing pickup help on occasion because it won't all fit.

I keep hearing that they will one day get rid of all the diesels, meaning the 13s will be gone. If that really happens there would be 12 or so absolutely screwed drivers, myself one of them unless they added a route or two.

Rack em

Made the Podium
Sounds like me. I absolutely NEED my 13. When it breaks down and they have to put in a 1000 it sucks ass. That usually means they have to bring stuff out to me because it won't all fit. Truck is always bricked out causing you to fight the load all day while you struggle to find stuff. Then you end up needing pickup help on occasion because it won't all fit.

I keep hearing that they will one day get rid of all the diesels, meaning the 13s will be gone. If that really happens there would be 12 or so absolutely screwed drivers, myself one of them unless they added a route or two.
Add a route or two? Is this the jokes thread? That's a good one haha.

rod

Retired 22 years

He's your man---do they make a P-2300?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Uh, who is the boss and who is the employee? Simply take his car out of the lineup and put a new one in it's place.

P700slave

I have a new model 800. Its a great truck except for two things. The turning radius is horrible and the bulk head door is too narrow.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I have a new model 800. Its a great truck except for two things. The turning radius is horrible and the bulk head door is too narrow.
The new 800's are too narrow period.

The turning radius depends on the vehicle. The ford 800's We have turn pretty good. The other ones might as well be an old non power steering 8.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Uh, who is the boss and who is the employee? Simply take his car out of the lineup and put a new one in it's place.
I would rather
Dave you'll eventually learn some fights just aren't worth it. If the guy wants to drive an old POS that I can cram more packages into and another guy who hates his old 1000 with a passion can get a shiny new automatic to keep him happy, I killed two birds with one stone.

BrownDiablo

I got a 5700. It's a 2010 clean one owner with only 393k on it. They just put the fourth motor in it. Should get it back today:)
I don't care what they give me to drive. they could give me a freaking wheel barrow for all I care. It all pays the same an if it takes longer or breaks down, well more money in my pocket.

rod

Retired 22 years
I would rather
Dave you'll eventually learn some fights just aren't worth it. If the guy wants to drive an old POS that I can cram more packages into and another guy who hates his old 1000 with a passion can get a shiny new automatic to keep him happy, I killed two birds with one stone.

Too bad Upstate don't work for you. You could give him the POS truck.

Brownslave688

I got a 5700. It's a 2010 clean one owner with only 393k on it. They just put the fourth motor in it. Should get it back today:)
I don't care what they give me to drive. they could give me a freaking wheel barrow for all I care. It all pays the same an if it takes longer or breaks down, well more money in my pocket.
Those p57's are complete junk

Brownslave688

Do they still make them?
It's seems to go on a rotation. We just got new 800's and 1000's. If I had to guess the 57's will be replaced in 3-4 years.

All of ours have 400k plus on them. The suspension on them is brutal. Anything over 25 on gravel can damn near throw you out of your seat.

Dr.Brownz

You guys tried? Why not work with the driver to figure out how to make it work? Nah thats to much common sense, much better to just force him to go out with a bricked load and then harrass the driver for being on the 9.5 list