Package driving question

BrownMonk

Old fart Package Car Driver
It’s not even a physical thing running back and forth dropping off packages all day is easy. It way more mental than I expected and that’s my weak point in life

Most people don't get the mental strain part of the job(especially when you are a new driver) but you need to hang in there. It actually gets a lot easier. It helps to talk to some of the guys that have been around a while. They ALL have stories of misdeliveries and crazy deliveries.

Happens to everyone man just hang in there. Other day I delivered a package two houses down and they called it in. The neighbor wouldn’t walk it 2 houses down so I had to go back after pick ups and 20 Min put the way to pick it up and re deliver. You are right about the mental thing though, sometimes if it get too bad just take a breather and gather yourself. Take a deep breath and just do the best you can.

lmao some run sped up 3 blocks from the house i delivered to, to tell me it goes to the neighbor house NEXT DOOR like wtf it’s storming raining at night as well

Happens to everyone man just hang in there. Other day I delivered a package two houses down and they called it in. The neighbor wouldn’t walk it 2 houses down so I had to go back after pick ups and 20 Min put the way to pick it up and re deliver. You are right about the mental thing though, sometimes if it get too bad just take a breather and gather yourself. Take a deep breath and just do the best you can.

lmao some run sped up 3 blocks from the house i delivered to, to tell me it goes to the neighbor house NEXT DOOR like wtf it’s storming raining at night as well

*someone

no_map_needed

Knowledge is key, Experience is power.
Go recover the packages if you can and deliver them to the right house. Either way there will be a DFU and you will have to deal with it. I've delivered to a wrong house on a shared driveway with the front doors like 15 feet apart and the customer wouldn't take it to the right house.

llamainmypocket

I just delivered a couple packages to the wrong street. Does that happen often and if management finds out can I be terminated for it I just started driving a few days ago and it was a honest mistake

I've done it in and out of packet. My only punishment was a driver follow up.

proyer

Go recover the packages if you can and deliver them to the right house. Either way there will be a DFU and you will have to deal with it. I've delivered to a wrong house on a shared driveway with the front doors like 15 feet apart and the customer wouldn't take it to the right house.

If you recover packages and deliver to correct address there should be no follow up because the customer has their package.
I’ve done this before and fixed it myself and no problems or DFU. Even if customer calls it in you can fix it.

Slug Life

When do we eat?
If you recover packages and deliver to correct address there should be no follow up because the customer has their package.
I’ve done this before and fixed it myself and no problems or DFU. Even if customer calls it in you can fix it.
Question though. Do you void out the original scan? If not the GPS scan will still show in the original (wrong) spot. You gotta re-sheet at the right spot my G.

beatupbrown

If you don’t like the job at the pace it will not change much.

I tell all new hires if you are willing to work that hard and do not like the grind at UPS start your own company. I will guarantee more success i.e. money at any job at that pace, plumber, mow grass. window washer, fill in the blank.

BlackCat

I just delivered a couple packages to the wrong street. Does that happen often and if management finds out can I be terminated for it I just started driving a few days ago and it was a honest mistake

I am actually more surprised that you found two adjacent streets that had the same house numbers.

WTFm8

I am actually more surprised that you found two adjacent streets that had the same house numbers.

Al has to do with the post master at the time the houses were built. I have a few streets that share house numbers in-city. The newer comstruction usually has different numbers.