PACKAGE HANDLER AT UPS PLEASE

Kojo D

I’m really confused. I finished my three days of training for UpS package Handler yesterday. I didn’t get a set schedule of when I’m supposed to come or when I actually start working. Who do I contact or do I just show up? All I know Is that I’m working twilight shifts. Management hasn’t told me when I come in? I’m a part time package handler btw.

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
I’m really confused. I finished my three days of training for UpS package Handler yesterday. I didn’t get a set schedule of when I’m supposed to come or when I actually start working. Who do I contact or do I just show up? All I know Is that I’m working twilight shifts. Management hasn’t told me when I come in? I’m a part time package handler btw.
Start time is 17:00. Report to Big Mike in the outbounds.

Box Ox

BUrmS5u.jpg

trickpony1

Who do I contact or do I just show up?

Just to be sure...you might want to just show up. The worst that will happen is they send you home. If you don't show up you may not have a job.

They didn't give you a list of phone numbers during your training?

Helpful hint:
get the names and phone numbers of your supervisors and put them in your cell directory.

Hope this helps.

Zowert

Just report to work. Tell security you’re new and not sure exactly when you’re supposed to start. They should call a supervisor in to meet you, they’ll figure it out then. Welcome to UPS.

PCLoadPackage

I’m really confused. I finished my three days of training for UpS package Handler yesterday. ...

You got three days of training to be a package handler?! Is that normal? I got the mandatory hazmat video and the 5 minute computer simulation where you put like 3 packages on the correct shelves in an empty package car.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
You got three days of training to be a package handler?! Is that normal? I got the mandatory hazmat video and the 5 minute computer simulation where you put like 3 packages on the correct shelves in an empty package car.
As for every position I ever worked at, be it inside or out, was done cold turkey. As for being a Haz Mat guy, I slept thru those videos and still got a 100.

Brown Biscuit

Blind every day
As for every position I ever worked at, be it inside or out, was done cold turkey. As for being a Haz Mat guy, I slept thru those videos and still got a 100.
Here, we are told not to write anything except our names on the test... at the end of the HAZMAT we go through it like a practice quiz. “Everyone needs 100%”

D

Deleted member 77202

The reason they don't give you a definite day and/or time to report to work is because they will only call you when they need someone to come in because, for example, another employee called off, etc.
(They aren't going to tell you this though.)

As someone mentioned, it doesn't hurt to just show up at whatever the start time is, but you may be sent home. This sucks if you don't live close by.

Regarding training -- me and any other new hires had to arrive 15 minutes early for 15 days for training. (I mean days that we were called in to work, not necessarily 15 days in a row. When you're new, you may only work two or three days per week for the first month.)
We had to wear a mesh, blue vest all day, and we covered one safety topic/rule/procedure per day and then signed a sheet to prove we completed that day's topic.

rod

Retired 22 years
Regarding training -- me and any other new hires had to arrive 15 minutes early for 15 days for training. (I mean days that we were called in to work, not necessarily 15 days in a row. When you're new, you may only work two or three days per week for the first month.)
We had to wear a mesh, blue vest all day, and we covered one safety topic/rule/procedure per day and then signed a sheet to prove we completed that day's topic.
2 questions- did they pay you for starting 15 minutes early and all the time you were learning about safety where they also screaming “ faster faster”. :-)

D

Deleted member 77202

2 questions- did they pay you for starting 15 minutes early and all the time you were learning about safety where they also screaming “ faster faster”. :-)
Didn't get paid for training, and no one yelled.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Didn't get paid for training, and no one yelled.

UPS has started cheating you out of your pay, any training is always on the clock. I would file a grievance for back pay with penalties if you made seniority already. They still try to cheat me after all these years from time to time, it’s got worse this past year.

UPS has started cheating you out of your pay, any training is always on the clock. I would file a grievance for back pay with penalties if you made seniority already. They still try to cheat me after all these years from time to time, it’s got worse this past year.
It all started with them taking away our turkeys

What's next no food on Fridays... Oh wait

dudebro

This tactic weeds out all non-hackers who don't pack the gear to serve our beloved shield...