[Package Handler] I actually enjoy my job...

New hire here, been working as a PT package handler for a month now. I was just wondering if I should be strapped in a stray jacket somewhere in an isolated room with cushioning because, well as stated I actually enjoy package handling. Now of course that could change considering I am relatively new, but it feels strange since almost all my coworkers and most people on forums appear that they hate doing this job. I'm even considering working two shifts a day, which at my facility would amount to an average 11 hour work day which does seem pretty nuts.

Box Ox

New hire here, been working as a PT package handler for a month now. I was just wondering if I should be strapped in a stray jacket somewhere in an isolated room with cushioning because, well as stated I actually enjoy package handling.

It's just a phase. You should order some cheap :censored2: from the UPS Catalog before you reach the point at which the sight of UPS anything at home might make you lose your latest meal.

Indecisi0n

It's like having a new girlfriend. Everything is so nice in the beginning. She still has that new girl smell. She cooks , cleans and ain't afraid to get down on a knee. The first time you ask her to make you a sandwich and she gives you that dirty look, it's time to go.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
It's like having a new girlfriend. Everything is so nice in the beginning. She still has that new girl smell. She cooks , cleans and ain't afraid to get down on a knee. The first time you ask her to make you a sandwich and she gives you that dirty look, it's time to go.

It's like the pizza rule.

After romantic, intimate relations.... what's your first thought ?

Do I want to stay and cuddle ?

Or, "I wonder if there is any cold pizza in the fridge" ?

The true test of love.

SolidWoodPanel

Probably the Greatest American Alive
New hire here, been working as a PT package handler for a month now. I was just wondering if I should be strapped in a stray jacket somewhere in an isolated room with cushioning because, well as stated I actually enjoy package handling. Now of course that could change considering I am relatively new, but it feels strange since almost all my coworkers and most people on forums appear that they hate doing this job. I'm even considering working two shifts a day, which at my facility would amount to an average 11 hour work day which does seem pretty nuts.
Eat a dick. You're a :censored2:tard.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Wut? How would you know?

john chesney

I just happen to have a package that needs handled about right now. Can you stop over?

You need to go thru a peak season... then let's see what you think of the dump. If you are loading 2 trucks and like your job.. they will give you 3 to load... if you still like it they will give you 4 to load...etc..

siouxman

siouxman
Good luck on your new job I hope it goes well for you.It is nice to see someone with a great attitude

Yolo

If you can get in a nice rhythm it's not too bad. Listen to your headphones and zone out. Gets annoying when some poor sup gets in the way.