Package Pickup

over9five

Staff member
"To be honest I was thinking of pulling the ads off of the site today for that reason."

The add is there now. I think it does give the impression that it is a sound, UPS approved method.

But it is not! We are paid to make customer contact every day. Signing up for this WILL get someone in serious trouble when a pick-up gets missed. Add to that the missed pick-up may switch carriers.

No professional driver would do this, but I worry about the newbys and the run n gunners.

I don't like to see Cheryl lose money by not running the add, but there should at least be a disclaimer under it saying, "This is not an approved UPS method and may get you FIRED".

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
The ads were purchased through google and they don't ever disclose to me who has purchased ad space. If I had known that they had sold space to this service the ads would have never been displayed here.

Last year the individual that created that service tried to promote it on this forum. At that time I reached the conclusion that it was inappropriate for him to do so. Recently he sent me an email asking to have a link to his site added to our links page. When I didn't add the link he must have he decided to try to go over my head and purchase ads through google...

I just attempted to block the advertisements using the google adsense control panel but it's being upgraded today and can't be accessed for a couple of hours.

edit ->>> To expedite the removal of these ads I'm going to shut google adsense off and switch to yahoo ads until I can get this straightened out.

Pickups

Know Before You Go.
"To be honest I was thinking of pulling the ads off of the site today for that reason."

The add is there now. I think it does give the impression that it is a sound, UPS approved method.

But it is not! We are paid to make customer contact every day. Signing up for this WILL get someone in serious trouble when a pick-up gets missed. Add to that the missed pick-up may switch carriers.

No professional driver would do this, but I worry about the newbys and the run n gunners.

I don't like to see Cheryl lose money by not running the add, but there should at least be a disclaimer under it saying, "This is not an approved UPS method and may get you FIRED".

The odds of a pickup getting missed are far less when that pickup customer has the ablility to communicate with their driver. Plain and simple. My service improves communication between customers and their pickup driver. How does that somehow lead to having a missed pickup? How is this confusing?

DS

Fenderbender
The odds of a pickup getting missed are far less when that pickup customer has the ablility to communicate with their driver. Plain and simple. My service improves communication between customers and their pickup driver. How does that somehow lead to having a missed pickup? How is this confusing?
Its not confusing at all,if ups decides to sign on to "your service" then fine,until then,focus on DHL and FEdex ground,they could use it.Start your own courier company and call it text express or something.

satellitedriver

You are just looking for a way to make money off of the UPS system.
Cool software that could be easily replicated by UPS without any infringements, since you are basing it on UPS drivers and customers.
Use you talents to better use. They will be wasted on the avenue you are taking.
PAX

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
I just sent this text to the proprietor of the service via private message:

It seems that the sole purpose of your service is to create a shortcut for service providers to use to bypass the daily pickup stops that UPS customers pay for. You make yourself the middleman in the communication between UPS service providers and UPS customers.

Several UPSers have warned that drivers will be held accountable for any service failures caused by your service, they can even be fired. I'm no lawyer but this whole idea sounds to me like you're setting yourself up for a detrimental reliance lawsuit when someone gets fired for service failures caused by relying on your service.

If you have proof that UPS endorses or officially allows UPS employees to use your service then I will publicly apologize, unblock your ads and make an announcement that I was mistaken.

Otherwise I believe that relying on your service risks jobs and is detrimental to service quality. That is why I will not allow it to be promoted here.

Cheryl

browniehound

I feel like I'm the only person out there without a cell phone.......I refuse to even talk on one. My husband has one, but I won't talk on it. I hate them!!

Moreluck, I have a lot of respect for you that you loathe cell phones or even talking on one. I am hooked on the convience of them.

I hate phone conversations of any kind. The shorter the better. But I need my cell phone! Its bad, I know.

Pickups

Know Before You Go.
Its not confusing at all,if ups decides to sign on to "your service" then fine,until then,focus on DHL and FEdex ground,they could use it.Start your own courier company and call it text express or something.

Yeah, many more fedex and dhl drivers are already using it anyway. You can lead a horse to water, but can't force it to drink.

Pickups

Know Before You Go.
You are just looking for a way to make money off of the UPS system.
Cool software that could be easily replicated by UPS without any infringements, since you are basing it on UPS drivers and customers.
Use you talents to better use. They will be wasted on the avenue you are taking.
PAX

If my service was exclusive to ups drivers, your comment would almost make sense. And how am I making money off of offering my service exactly? It's free to use.