Packing a Lunch vs Buying

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I wish I had a microwave so I could heat up my food, but we don't...so I just end up packing an egg salad sandwich and toss it in my cooler if I do bring lunch.

If not, it's the Mcdonalds on the corner. :sick:

If you want to heat it up throw it on the defroster for awhile

If you want to heat it up fast throw it on the exhaust manifold

Lt. Senpai

Swing Driver
The thing is that I'll have to eat a sandwich every day because that is so quick and easy to eat. I can't eat that all the time, it gets old quick. Packing other food kinda forces me to heat it up because who would want to eat cold food :sad-very:. I'm a swing driver so some routes would not have any truck stops for me to heat up my food.

quad decade guy

Good thing ya never went to feeders. The guys who ate junk food every day usually blew up like ticks in their first year.
Well, I'd submit it's probably not working your butt off everyday that puts weight on ya. Skinny guys are immune. I know a lot of feeder drivers "snack" all night. A lot snack on junk. Very caloric. This doesn't help. So, I just don't eat or snack. Drink lot's of water. Basically eat twice a day. In pkg, I made a simple sandwich and a Little Debbie and that's about it. I had an industrial route and NO restaurants of any kind. Just taking the time to do nothing at lunch was very satisfying. Pull under some shade and breeze and relax. I stayed fit and lean.

ManInBrown

In package ate out every day for lunch. That was the great thing about package, could eat whatever i wanted and never gain a pound. Walked 14 miles per day.

Feeders I bring salad with grilled chicken M,W,friend. Tuesday I bring steak with rice, and Thursday I go to a local Italian deli and get Chicken Murphy to bring or some other prepared meal. Weight goes on super fast in feeders. Ive never been overweight in my life. When I got to feeders I wasn’t eating healthy for dinner and the thing that really kills you is hitting the vending machine throughout the night. I put on 25lbs in the first 18 months. I’ve lost it all. Stopped hitting the vending machines and the salads three nights a week help. Plus I really only eat two meals a day in feeders instead of 3. Breakfast and dinner.

Shiftless

I mentioned this thread to me wife!

We started talking about it because we both worked when we were young. We believe our life's choices to
pack our lunches stemmed mostly from the shear cost of eating out. Don't get me wrong occasionally I would,
but it was very, very rare for us to stop and buy food.

I just saw it as a cost. Virtually nothing but time to pack food for lunch as opposed to the stopping to get food, albeit only being less than 5 buck's on average. That was a 100 bucks a month or 200 if Momma was doing it too. 200 bucks a month went a lot further then I guess, or is it all relative?

Actually 30 years of choices similar to this allowed me to retire at 49 years of age!

Not only that but as a Family we travelled a bunch, Surfed, Motorcycles, Hot Rods, Boating/Water Skiing and Camping! We don't feel like we missed out on anything other than someone saying "YOU WANT FRIES WITH THAT"?

Who thought that packing a lunch was such a powerful tool to save money! Go figure!

Dos Centavo's

iruhnman630

I don't have a huge appetite while working.

I just keep a box of Kashi bars in my truck in case I do get hungry.

During peak I may pack a sandwich for the longer days.

I have done salads in the past, because once I'm home after 8 nothing healthy tastes good to me.