Paid bathroom break

charm299

You are not allowed to combine a paid restroom break with lunch break. Plan it so you deliver a stop in between the restroom and lunch break.

after I piss
I clock out after I piss

Cowboy Mac

I clock out after I piss
You can do whatever you want. And you’ll get away with it until someone in management decides to look into why it took you so long from the time you turned the car off until you punched out from lunch.

Security will show up at the restaurant with hundred dollar bills and get access to their video cameras. And you will get a long, unpaid vacation.

charm299

You can do whatever you want. And you’ll get away with it until someone in management decides to look into why it took you so long from the time you turned the car off until you punched out from lunch.

Security will show up at the restaurant with hundred dollar bills and get access to their video cameras. And you will get a long, unpaid vacation.
Subway don’t have cameras

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
You can take as many bathroom breaks that you need. The only issue is if you go into a convenience store or restaurant and come out with food/drink and don't put it in as break. If you need to use the bathroom, you go do your thing, then go straight back to work it is all paid time.

I disagree. UPS is required to provide us with water, or access to it. They don't, so getting a drink at a convenience store is protected work related activity.

DriverNerd

I disagree. UPS is required to provide us with water, or access to it. They don't, so getting a drink at a convenience store is protected work related activity.
Yes I will agree with that. If you walk out with a water you're all good to go. I'm thinking more like a bottle of Mountain Dew and a bag of chips.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Yes I will agree with that. If you walk out with a water you're all good to go. I'm thinking more like a bottle of Mountain Dew and a bag of chips.

I think the company would be hard-pressed to split hairs on what kind of drink, and I would argue buying the chips didn't add any time to the situation, so no harm, no foul.

DriverNerd

I think the company would be hard-pressed to split hairs on what kind of drink, and I would argue buying the chips didn't add any time to the situation, so no harm, no foul.
I agree the amount of time wouldn't be much, but this is a petty company and a :censored2: supervisor doing an observation will come up with anything to justify themselves.

Cowboy Mac

We just had 2 drivers fired in my local for doing this. They did it for years and years. It finally caught up with them. Now the company is taking it to panel.

Karma...

at one time we were required to punch out and then in for all head breaks, breaks, and lunch.......my local went along with it because it was viewed as falling under. work as directed....times have changed.....I personally thought that was dumb

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I agree the amount of time wouldn't be much, but this is a petty company and a :censored2: supervisor doing an observation will come up with anything to justify themselves.

Yeah, but that's what I would argue while defending the member. I would really emphasize the OSHA requirements, and UPS putting us in a position of sometimes needing to buy a drink at a convenient store while stopping in to take a piss. I would continue by asking what difference it makes that the employee also grabbed a bad of chips while waiting to check out. It added zero time to the situation. Then I would follow up by saying maybe if our trucks had AC we wouldn't need to drink and piss so much.

tourists24

That's a lot. Lol, a sup's head would explode on an OJS.

I wonder if they can make you see a doctor?
We've had this exact thing happen. Mgt tried to make him go to a doctor and he refused. Threatened to take him off road. He told the center manager he had diarrhea. center manager said he was lying. Driver asked him if he was the "poop king" lol. They ended up giving him a warning letter and it fell between the cracks after that