Paid incorrectly for over a year

I didn't receive a raise in August 2021 as a cover driver in the western region. On November 1st, 2021, my pay was dropped by another $1.10 an hr. Payroll's explanation was that I'd been coded as a full-time driver and as such my pay was corrected (which is incorrect). I've talked to every supervisor, manager, shop steward, and business agent in my building. I have filed a grievance on this a year ago and still haven't gotten anywhere. What can I do to get this resolved? Hire a lawyer?

AccidentProne

It be nice if you gave more details. Like what were you doing when you were coded as a full time driver, what were you doing before that, what is your current pay in your position, years progressed, seniority, etc.

Also if you talked to everyone in your building and there is nothing you can do, then there is most likely nothing you can do and the action HR took was correct.

Or you're lying and not telling us something.

Swanson

Henry Swanson's my name, and excitement's my game.
I didn't receive a raise in August 2021 as a cover driver in the western region. On November 1st, 2021, my pay was dropped by another $1.10 an hr. Payroll's explanation was that I'd been coded as a full-time driver and as such my pay was corrected (which is incorrect). I've talked to every supervisor, manager, shop steward, and business agent in my building. I have filed a grievance on this a year ago and still haven't gotten anywhere. What can I do to get this resolved? Hire a lawyer?
gotta stay on it.this company is making record profits,while working you into the ground ripping you off at every opportunity possible.thats what carol is there for the shareholders!!while safety and working conditions deteriorate on a daily basis.we have a fight coming!!

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Try a complaint to your state's Attorney General's office. One thing UPS hates, is having to answer.

It be nice if you gave more details. Like what were you doing when you were coded as a full time driver, what were you doing before that, what is your current pay in your position, years progressed, seniority, etc.

Also if you talked to everyone in your building and there is nothing you can do, then there is most likely nothing you can do and the action HR took was correct.

Or you're lying and not telling us something.
I was "promoted" to 22.4 in July 2021, I was a cover driver before that working everyday. My pay is supposed to be $30.43 I've been getting $28.36 since November 2021, and before that, $29.46 since October 2020. I went cover driver July 1st 2020. I've talked to everyone I can think of, my business agent Said he was working on it (and he's said so since January of 2022).

trickpony1

Scroll all the way down and click on "contact".
Have all your information ready to give to them.
Hope this helps.

542thruNthru

I was "promoted" to 22.4 in July 2021, I was a cover driver before that working everyday. My pay is supposed to be $30.43 I've been getting $28.36 since November 2021, and before that, $29.46 since October 2020. I went cover driver July 1st 2020. I've talked to everyone I can think of, my business agent Said he was working on it (and he's said so since January of 2022).
What is top rate in your area right now?

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
What region are you? I'm assuming you're in the southern?

542thruNthru

What JC/Rider are you?

In my area cover drivers make 75% of top rate after 6 months. You began driving cover July 1st 2020 and then you we're promoted to 22.4 in July 2021. So you should be red circled at the cover driver rate of Aug 1st 2020 until you reach 4 years of driving.

What JC/Rider are you?

In my area cover drivers make 75% of top rate after 6 months. You began driving cover July 1st 2020 and then you we're promoted to 22.4 in July 2021. So you should be red circled at the cover driver rate of Aug 1st 2020 until you reach 4 years

What JC/Rider are you?

In my area cover drivers make 75% of top rate after 6 months. You began driving cover July 1st 2020 and then you we're promoted to 22.4 in July 2021. So you should be red circled at the cover driver rate of Aug 1st 2020 until you reach 4 years of driving.
My bad, that was a typo, I went 22.4 in 2022.