paid time

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

In the West, you'd also be eligible to begin drawing your first pension check starting May 1st in that scenario.

And keep your UPS paid healthcare thru the end of August. That's how mine worked anyway.

I know you've planned this out for some time and are probably well aware as to whether any of this applies in your situation already.

Suppose that were the case here---it's not as I would not be eligible to start drawing until July 1st----and I changed my mind----would I have to repay any pension payments that I received?

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
Suppose that were the case here---it's not as I would not be eligible to start drawing until July 1st----and I changed my mind----would I have to repay any pension payments that I received?

I'd think yes, you'd have to repay that. But after that much vacay, I can't imagine that being an issue. You won't change your mind.

Look at it this way: you can only pull that pension out one month at a time, however long you live. Getting started while your on vacay bumps that up by 2 months.

1989NW

I have not been with A ups long enough to see a new contract come around. Is there a possibility that our paid time off could go down with the new contract? Could we also have to pay more for medical insurance with the new contract or are we locked into the contract that we hired in with? Do contracts only affect people who are hired in during the current contract? How does it work?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I have not been with A ups long enough to see a new contract come around. Is there a possibility that our paid time off could go down with the new contract? Could we also have to pay more for medical insurance with the new contract or are we locked into the contract that we hired in with? Do contracts only affect people who are hired in during the current contract? How does it work?

1. There is always the possibility but it would be highly unlikely.

2. Pay more? What are you paying now?

3. Contracts cover all bargaining unit employees----current employees are normally grandfathered in.

4. It works quite well. Both sides clearly know what is expected of them.

Johney

They are supplements to the master contract and, yes, each one has articles unique to that area.

For example, ours has an article dealing with snow emergencies, which would not be in the Florida supplement, for obvious reasons.
Shows how much you know. I got a safety message the other night that said if there's snow on the ground chain up. Not sure exactly where to find some chains???