paid while at physical therapy?

bddaddy

i searched the forum but couldnt find the answer. im on TAW for a work related injury. PT is this afternoon. Should i stay on the clock for this? Sup is trying to make me clock out

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
i searched the forum but couldnt find the answer. im on TAW for a work related injury. PT is this afternoon. Should i stay on the clock for this? Sup is trying to make me clock out
You should clock out. Your being paid for your TAW time. You cans still demand 8, I beleive, but good luck. How long you gonna be unable to work full duty?

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
i just found it. article 14 states that i will get paid for Physical Therepy if the appointment is during work hours.

"An employee who has returned to regular duties after sustaining a compensable injury, and who is required by the Worker’s Compensation doctor to receive additional medical treatment during the employee’s regularly scheduled working hours, shall receive the employee’s regular hourly rate of pay for such time."

How does that apply to you... if you are on TAW ?

"An employee who has returned to regular duties after sustaining a compensable injury, and who is required by the Worker’s Compensation doctor to receive additional medical treatment during the employee’s regularly scheduled working hours, shall receive the employee’s regular hourly rate of pay for such time."

We get paid for dr apts while on TAW. TAW is for an on the job injury. Possibly since you returned to work the next day. And helped UPS by not having a lost time injury. Or maybe it’s just state law.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture

That is an argument that needs to be made?

If you sustain a "compensable injury" that leaves you with restrictions after seeking medical treatment,

....and the Company elects to put you on TAW to avoid a loss time injury,

....should it not be argued that your new "regular duties" are whatever fits within the restrictions for the duration of your time on TAW?

I cannot believe the "intent" of that language was to put an injured member at a lessor benefit than one on Workers Comp, simply to appease the Company and their desire to avoid a loss time injury.

If it hasn't been grieved and argued, it needs to be.
If it has and was denied at any level of the Panel system, the Union side should be ashamed of themselves.
If it was denied at arbitration, it needs to be filed on with the Government.

It makes zero sense that TAW program participants be excluded from this contractual benefit.

If you sustain a "compensable injury" that leaves you with restrictions after seeking medical treatment,

....and the Company elects to put you on TAW to avoid a loss time injury,

....should it not be argued that your new "regular duties" are whatever fits within the restrictions for the duration of your time on TAW?

I cannot believe the "intent" of that language was to put an injured member at a lessor benefit than one on Workers Comp, simply to appease the Company and their desire to avoid a loss time injury.

If it has and was denied at any level of the Panel system, the Union side should be ashamed of themselves.
If it was denied at arbitration, it needs to be filed on with the Government.

It makes zero sense that TAW program participants be excluded from this contractual benefit.
The contract/union gives out false information in many cases because it isn’t updated to current laws. Workers comp language is the worst. Probably followed by sick leave, uniforms, etc.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
You really hurt or faking it like I did for time off?

HereWeGoAgain

I've had to do PT for TAW twice this decade, always been paid when it was during work place hours. They didn't even question it, they pay you to look at a wall anyway because they don't want a lost time injury. You could be sitting at home getting paid so why wouldn't they pay you lol?

542thruNthru

Absolutely 100% paid. Zero question.

giphy-31.gif

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

The TAW language would need to be tweaked, to include that provision.

Being that it is National language, it would get deadlocked at any lower panel

and sent to the National Health & Safety panel.

Just based on the language.... they would rule "No contract violation".

Absolutely 100% paid. Zero question.

How do you come to that conclusion?

The National language doesn't support your assumption.

There is a caveat, that it can be further addressed in supplemental language.

-Bug-