Panel Decisions “On Topic”

I’m a 12 1/2 year twilight worker. I have been setting up different work areas over the years for around 8 years. I got a new hub manager at the end of May and things continued somewhat normal and then all of a sudden (around the second week of October) I was told I was no longer allowed to set up because I didn’t work in that area because “I’m going to make them go by the contract now” So the manager found a junior employee that has been setting up. The manager is saying it is area seniority and not hub seniority. I’ve filed 24 grievances for a junior employee performing extra work under article 49.1 because there are no skilled jobs anymore and everyone in the building is classified the same and the manager wouldn’t settle! It went to the panel this past week and a steward (not official from the BA that presented the case) told me Thursday that it was deadlocked and he said that means I won but the company is still refusing to pay. My question is if it’s a deadlock did I win? And if I did win I know the penalty pay is after 10 days and is half your guarantee. Is the half guarantee per day or per week? And if it’s after what article do I file for for the penalty pay?

gorilla75jdw

Its " once " per week , continue with the article 17 once per week until you have been compensated in full . I had the same issue a few years back , filed , and won . Filed again on penalty pay after not receiving any resolute pay , and I didnt say a word about ever again , just kept my mouth shut . What should of been a $35.00 payment , ended up being a $1,000.00 and some change due to management's poor inactions . Good luck brother , sounds like a much needed company funded "all inclusive" vacation to the Caribbean is needed ,( that's what I did) lol .

Its " once " per week , continue with the article 17 once per week until you have been compensated in full . I had the same issue a few years back , filed , and won . Filed again on penalty pay after not receiving any resolute pay , and I didnt say a word about ever again , just kept my mouth shut . What should of been a $35.00 payment , ended up being a $1,000.00 and some change due to management's poor inactions . Good luck brother , sounds like a much needed company funded "all inclusive" vacation to the Caribbean is needed ,( that's what I did) lol .

542thruNthru

If he wants to be paid for everyday that his seniority was violated he files for every occasion. Though he could have filed 1 grievance for each week but he probably didn't know that and his steward didn't tell him.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
You file once to establish the groundwork.

You file 24 times to be a dick.
No, each subsequent grievance increases the Company's liability and is critical to ultimately being made whole.

....and if the Company wants to limit it's liability, it can stop the perceived violation until the issue is settled.

You didn't know what you were talking about in the union arena when you were working, and now that you retired, you are even more ignorant.

No, each subsequent grievance increases the Company's liability.

....and if the Company wants to limit it's liability, it can stop the perceived violation until the issue is settled.

You didn't know what you were talking about in the union arena when you were working, and now that you retired, you are even more ignorant.
Exactly the BA said it would get more attention with 24 instead of just having a couple

At best, you file one per week------filing one per day is a waste of everyone's time, especially for such a trivial issue.
Trivial to you I guess. You must like giving others your money and letting management hold you to different standard than themselves? If your not worried about 2.5 hours per week I’ll send you my address and you can just mail me that part of your check