Parking in front of hotels

I was delivering a route downtown. I parked in front of a hotel to make a delivery across the street. While walking back to my car, the hotel door-opener guy just ripped me a new one for using "his" parking spots to deliver somewhere other than "his" hotel, (the guy talked like a confrontational know-it-all New-Yorker). So I ignored him and kept walking, but I was just wondering if it is not normal to park in these areas, or do hotels really do own parking spots on public streets?
Doesn't ups stand for u park stupid??

brown_trousers

People from Washington State are portrayed as inbred yokels in movies such as "Black Sheep". Are you an inbred yokel?

Labels are for cans, not people. Get that part right at least.
whoa there... calm down and take a breath... I wasn't trying to offend anyone here. It was just an observation based on his accent and the stereotype depicted in almost every new york movie. There was not meant offensively

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
People from Washington State are portrayed as inbred yokels in movies such as "Black Sheep". Are you an inbred yokel?

Labels are for cans, not people. Get that part right at least.

When swum gwuy tells me he lives awn toidy-toid and toid street, its a pretty safe bet that he is from New Yoik or New Joysey.

UPSGUY72

I was delivering a route downtown. I parked in front of a hotel to make a delivery across the street. While walking back to my car, the hotel door-opener guy just ripped me a new one for using "his" parking spots to deliver somewhere other than "his" hotel, (the guy talked like a confrontational know-it-all New-Yorker). So I ignored him and kept walking, but I was just wondering if it is not normal to park in these areas, or do hotels really do own parking spots on public streets?

Next time ignore him and don't even look at him and keep walking.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Give that NY type doorman one of these !!!
images

Indecisi0n

:holycowsmile:.... do you even work for UPS??? It would be impossible to only use parking spaces in front of the business you are delivering to. The guy on the next route over literally only parks his truck in 5 locations his entire route, is he suppose to re-park in front of each business for all his 120 stops?

There is a difference from parking in front of Tom's hardware VS a hotel. He said he parked "in front of the hotel." Hotels are busy with people coming and going so in my opinion that is not the best park position to block in order to delivery to another stop.

brown_trousers

There is a difference from parking in front of Tom's hardware VS a hotel. He said he parked "in front of the hotel." Hotels are busy with people coming and going so in my opinion that is not the best park position to block in order to delivery to another stop.

last time a sup rode along with me, he had me double parking most of the time, and for 15 plus minutes a time. Parking must be a bit more relaxed where you are