Parking ticket

BrownPR215

What Can Brown Do To You!
This sounds like NYPD at it's best....Or someone said Philly, HA, doesn't surprise me, That damn city made a television show called "Parking wars", go figure

My buddy who's gonna retire next year was in an episode of parking wars (season2). The PPA (the philadelphia parking authority) is a joke!

Last edited:

BLACKBOX

Life is a Highway...
Just saw a movie trailer where Kevin James (King of Queens) is playing a role as a "Mall Cop". No matter what role this guy takes on he will always be Doug Heffernan, IPS Teamster.

AKCoverMan

You can go online and find stories about UPS dealing with “parking authorities”.. negotiating deals to handle citations and pay them electronically to cut down on the paperwork for both the company and the “authority” collecting the fines. UPS usually gets a volume discount! It’s simply a way for the local governments to tax the company.

AKCoverMan

I have noticed in the PCMs where we are talking about “making good parking choices” the verbiage is always “avoid double parking”, not “never double park”. Obviously the company recognizes the reality that in order to get everything delivered on time in congested areas some, shall we say, “creative short term parking solutions” will be involved!

BURMDPsupe

Give the ticket to your center supervisor or manager. Unfortunately, as others have mentioned, UPS is a huge target for some of the municipal revenue collectors.

Once, one of my drivers received two tickets within 30 minutes for parking on a particular street in Chevy Chase, MD (like they really need the revenue in MoCo). Sad but true.

M-

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
I have found that in the areas that have a seat of power in them, they seem to have a stonger take on passing out the love.

DC is one of the worst. To many up there, its a game. But tickets for commercial vehicles can run 500-750 bucks a pop. Last year i remember a guy coming back as they were hooking the car. He got the key in the door, and they took off leaving him just standing there. The parking cop calmly gave him an address where he could pick it up.

Philly is pretty bad too, as is Baltimore.

And then there is Chicago........There is who you know, and if you can afford to pay them off.

d