Part time cover driver / Combination driver

jkd3dawg

Life's Tough so Suck it up
So, my title is “part time cover driver”. I’m just shy of 4 years on the job. For the last couple years I’ve started to work every day and make good $ ... my question is, what will happen to me, and all the other part time cover drivers if this contract goes through with “combination drivers” being implemented?

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
So, my title is “part time cover driver”. I’m just shy of 4 years on the job. For the last couple years I’ve started to work every day and make good $ ... my question is, what will happen to me, and all the other part time cover drivers if this contract goes through with “combination drivers” being implemented?

Something to look into when we get to see all the proposed changes.

DOK

You’ll be laid off most likely.

You will be given the opportunity to bid into a FT job. If the contract passes as written. Of course no one has seen the new proposed contract. So no one knows.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

Gone like a fart in the wind

just chillin'

Rest in peace wooba
best case you will be morphed into a 22.4 based on your seniority of course and the fact your a qualified driver. i would think its only fair that you and the other cover drivers get to bid on the 22.4 jobs first regardless of building seniority based on classification. an example being in my classification, clerks get to bid on new clerk jobs first before its bid building wide

Integrity

Binge Poster
Part-time cover driver?

Ground?

Never heard of it I'm my area?

Integrity

Binge Poster
My opinion is the best combo that could be created for all considered would be Sun-Thurs and Tues- Sat Driver Helper/Part-time Package Car Driver Combination jobs.

Just sayin.

You will be given the opportunity to bid into a FT job. If the contract passes as written. Of course no one has seen the new proposed contract. So no one knows.
The ratio in the old contract is 6 to 1 for package. With the new the txt say 1 just 6... So you as a part timer will have the opportunity to go on the 2, 2, 2 transfer ratio.

just chillin'

Rest in peace wooba
My opinion is the best combo that could be created for all considered would be Sun-Thurs and Tues- Sat Driver Helper/Part-time Package Car Driver Combination jobs.

Just sayin.

Thought I read that the two schedules would be Tuesday through Saturday and Wednesday through Sunday.

just chillin'

Rest in peace wooba
I haven't read that but usually the Union avoids allowing bid jobs that cover both weekend days.

All 22.4 combination drivers shall be guaranteed eight (8) consecutive hours of straight time pay per day, if reporting as scheduled. All 22.4 combination drivers shall work a five (5) consecutive day schedule of Tuesday through Saturday or Wednesday through Sunday. This paragraph shall supersede any Supplement, Rider, or Addendum on the same subject.
Article 22-Full-Time Combination and Part-Time Employees - UPS Rising

Integrity

Binge Poster
All 22.4 combination drivers shall be guaranteed eight (8) consecutive hours of straight time pay per day, if reporting as scheduled. All 22.4 combination drivers shall work a five (5) consecutive day schedule of Tuesday through Saturday or Wednesday through Sunday. This paragraph shall supersede any Supplement, Rider, or Addendum on the same subject.
Article 22-Full-Time Combination and Part-Time Employees - UPS Rising
This is something that I would want changed. Seems Sun-Thurs is doable but there must be some issue with Monday's.

UPSfit

I'm in about the same exact position as you as far as years, but I generally drive 2-4 days a week, as a part time cover driver. I'm curious to see what pay we would get being already qualified. Full time would be awesome but if we don't get any compensation for being qualified, the price difference would be way to steep. I would take a $10/hour pay reduction to do the same work I am already doing, split with some in building work, and that is not ok. More stable hours is a great thing, but it is just offset with reduced pay, resulting in the same if not less earnings.