Part time employee of 19 years funeral leave

Ghost in the Darkness

Found it.... missing part lists spouse, child, step-child, grandchild, father, mother, brother, sister, grandparents, mother-in-law, father-in-law and step-parents.
Rememember thats the paragraph 2 referenced in the article 29.

Ghost in the Darkness

I agree... its about the principal and healing time not the money. The death and the funeral are emotional times and it bothers me that management will do what they can to help themselves and not the employee who is mourning.
I was part time when my paternal grandfather passed and I didn't take any time because back then I thought I was causing work a problem by missing time. When my maternal grandfather passed a few years later I was a FT driver and it was during peak. I found out after I arrived at work and decided to stay since I was already there and there was nothing I could do. Probably the hardest day ever. I told them that evening I wouldn't be there Thursday and Friday and the funeral was Saturday (we didn't work 6th punches back then). Sup and manager had me come into the office trying to intimidate me to not miss the next 2 days. I didn't back down because I felt I did them a favor by finishing the day I started when I found out. After that experience I learned they don't care about you or your feelings.. you have to fight back and stand up for yourself. You are just a number to them.

Rack em

Made the Podium
Ok. Thank you.could really use 3 because of needing to help dad get things wrapped up but looks like 2 is it. Thanks again
You can take as many days as you need. Take care of family first, worry about Ups later. You will get paid for 4 days, but if you need more time then you can go on fmla to take care of any other matters that you need to get done. I'm sorry for your loss brother.

clean hairy

If you need a couple of weeks to take care of an estate or have alot of things to do, use an option day for the 2nd week to keep your benefits.
If management is insisting you come to work after the 4 days, contact the union and let them deal with management.

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
I agree... its about the principal and healing time not the money. The death and the funeral are emotional times and it bothers me that management will do what they can to help themselves and not the employee who is mourning.
I was part time when my paternal grandfather passed and I didn't take any time because back then I thought I was causing work a problem by missing time. When my maternal grandfather passed a few years later I was a FT driver and it was during peak. I found out after I arrived at work and decided to stay since I was already there and there was nothing I could do. Probably the hardest day ever. I told them that evening I wouldn't be there Thursday and Friday and the funeral was Saturday (we didn't work 6th punches back then). Sup and manager had me come into the office trying to intimidate me to not miss the next 2 days. I didn't back down because I felt I did them a favor by finishing the day I started when I found out. After that experience I learned they don't care about you or your feelings.. you have to fight back and stand up for yourself. You are just a number to them.

Exactly
Well Said Teamster Brother!
Strength through SOLIDARITY
Management is the ENEMY