Part Time package Supervisor$$$

Mapp

Choo Choo
Either you don't know the UPS system or you are fooling yourself, once you are FT you will do whatever assignment they hand you or walk out the door.

How often does UPS transfer people within Freight and SCS or I.S. into Small pkg?
Never.

They transfer Sales, Feeders, Security, I.E., H.R. and anyone associated with small pkg staff functions into OPS.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
A supervisors pay based on a % of what they were making as an hourly? Say you were a top-rate air driver at 19/hr (a couple years ago), you could easily pull off around 20 or 21 as a PT sup.

Lets say you are a FT driver making 29.50/hr. If you were to choose a FT on-car sup position, you would likely not be making less than that and maybe 5-10% more, no?

I do not see why someone would call his/her payrate BS -seems feasible at least in theory.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Lies lies lies. No P/T supervisor can make that much in 3 years, unless you received some ridiculous raises over the past two years. I have received the highest raises in my building (about 4%) for the past two years.

The only P/T sups I know making that rate have been with the company for 15-20 years.

It's rare because who for ex: making 18/hr as a union hourly would want to go into management to make $20? I have only known of it happening a few times 3 buildings and 8+ years. Most people do not want to risk throwing it all away so to speak. But it can and does happen.

KBlakk

Overworked & Underpaid
From my understanding the current formula most districts are using (because salaries vary based on a locations economic conditions) is for a p/t sup: last hourly rate x 27.5 + 5% the prime example as to y the company campaigns the job to new hires so strongly its not smarter just cheaper and y would it matter u r the sacrificial lamb ne way unless u r in that rare case where your friend/t sup has a spine:sad-very: