Part Time Pension

Discussion in 'UPS Retirement Topics' started by Updog07, Oct 17, 2016.

1. Updog07

Updog07 Guest

I was wondering if any of you know what the rate is for pensions for part timers in the south Atlantic division. I know the full timers get $100/month for every year worked.

2. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Is it your goal to retire as a PTer?

3. Updog07

Updog07 Guest

Not sure if I'll ever go full time. I just flunked driving school, I've been PT at UPS for 9 years, there are no combo jobs.
    I have to stay here because of the insurance, especially considering how is the insurance situation is in the US. So I'm just wondering what kind of pension I will get if retire part time from here.

4. UpstateNYUPSer

It won't be very much-----probably $1,500/month or less.

5. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

$60 a month for every PT year up to a maximum of $2100/month.

6. Matty_lawn

Matty_lawn Active Member

Do you know how many hours a part timer needs for full credit for a year?
    Also, does partial credit exist? Ill end this year with about 625 hours and I started in july

7. It's usually around 750

8. Matty_lawn

Matty_lawn Active Member

Will I receive any sort of credit for this year?

9. You'll receive a partial credit

10. PT Stewie

PT Stewie "Big Fella"

55.00 per month up until 2007 $60.00 per month from 2008 forward 750 hrs. per year for a fill vesting credit. Pro rated for less. I have 18 in with full vesting credit for all . I will not make 25 . 3 more gets me to 65 It gets tougher every night.

11. PT Stewie

PT Stewie "Big Fella"

Got the estimate in mail over the weekend. $848.00 per month right now at age 62 (pro rated for early retirement) . Going to hang in until 65 when it will be $1,215.00 . Not bad for part time. Maybe they will kick it up a small amount next contract.

12. clean hairy

clean hairy Well-Known Member

How many years you have in?

13. UpstateNYUPSer

It's amazing what you can learn when you take the time to read all of the posts in a thread.

14. Monkey Butt

Monkey Butt I've got a rainbow butt! Staff Member

I noticed you had been posting less.

15. Sgilchrist

Sgilchrist New Member

How do buy outs work I been with ups for 12 years and I need a transfer but I don't think I'm going to be approved for it so I'm considering the buy out see how I'm gonna have to start a new job any way

16. UpstateNYUPSer

There is no buy out.

17. Jkloc420

Jkloc420 Well-Known Member

2100 part if u stay 35 years part time 30 years is 1800, where I'm at. goes down from there 1500 age 60 25 years.

18. Baba gounj

Baba gounj pensioner

To the o.p. , it would help if you could identify your region or local since the rules vary between areas .
    What you have been given is each posters own rules as they currently lie .