Extra Work

Sporhwhore

Me and the center manager and one of my stewards chatted in the office this morning, the center manager is being directed by labor that a part-time or can come in and bump any of these new hires… so a part-time cover Driver can work six days … but a full timer can’t . . This place does whatever they want
Doesn’t make any sense… he’s a driver; you’re a driver…. Full time trumps part time should be a very easy 8 hours OT grievance as long as driver in question is working 6 days

Sporhwhore

Part timer can bump new hire yes; but can he bump full timer? Shouldn’t even be a doubt and honestly I think this is a really big issue that needs addressed

Bigbass3

Question is not answered , full time is a classification. A pt driver is only guaranteed 2 8 hour days , a part timer inside does whatever they are directed to do, for a guaranteed 3.5 hours , a full timer does the same work . If a part timer gets their daily guarantee , or weekly guarantee for the driving , a Saturday is extra work and goes to the highest senior driver , or employee if inside . Which is why I have already filed. A part time cover driver worked 6 days . I only got 5 as a full timer . Not okay
The question is for reg. Part timers on reload to work preload for extra work on Sat.which is a 6 day punch. So should we get it over full timers,it's always been that way til lately and they are trying to argue it now.

R1wonder

Doesn’t make any sense… he’s a driver; you’re a driver…. Full time trumps part time should be a very easy 8 hours OT grievance as long as driver in question is working 6 days
Right . Boss said hiw labor prob thinks they aren’t on over time , but he’s working 6 days so he is too . Making less obviously but that’s not their decision to work ppl who make less

What'dyabringmetoday???

Me and the center manager and one of my stewards chatted in the office this morning, the center manager is being directed by labor that a part-time or can come in and bump any of these new hires… so a part-time cover Driver can work six days … but a full timer can’t . . This place does whatever they want
UPS always has and always will do as it pleases. There's some tough talkers around here that say otherwise. That is their fairy tale...

DOK

Thats not how it works lol

R1wonder

I went to today’s monthly hall meeting , the fight is on. The grievances are being filed every Monday. 3 weeks now , I want to be paid

HubSnakeWrangler

We have Sunday - Thursday morning hub shift that's exclusively pt. No 22.3 allowed to double during the mon to thur week. On Sundays though, they go through ft list for extra work in any area that needs the extra bodies. I don't know if it was a grievance that allowed this or past practice. I just know ft gets first dibs on the Sunday 6th day before pters.

PT Car Washer

We have Sunday - Thursday morning hub shift that's exclusively pt. No 22.3 allowed to double during the week. On Sundays though, they go through ft list for extra work in any area that needs the extra bodies. I don't know if it was a grievance that allowed this or past practice. I just know ft gets first dibs on the Sunday 6th day before pters.
Extra work should go by company seniority when PT and FT work together.

HubSnakeWrangler

Extra work should go by company seniority when PT and FT work together.
When the shift first started a few years ago it was only m-friend pt employees asked to come in for extra work on Sundays. In last 2 years they started offering it to 22.3 first. They even pay out grievances for seniority violations. Like I said, I don't know what facilitated the change. I'm in socal western conference. I just know almost every Friday im asked if I want to work Sunday in my rev audit classification or the unload.

R1wonder

If anyone is wondering or affected by this , I filed 4 grievances on a part timer working his 6th day , and not asking for ft volunteers. I won a small amount of overtime hours in the grievance. Labor did say it was only because the part timer was on overtime , once January rolls around I still plan to file again if they work part times that have already gotten the 2 8 hour days they’re guaranteed.

Thebrownblob

I have said that for years. You can stomp and cry all you want but ultimately UPS will always do what they want. And yes that includes the keyboard warriors lol
I’ve never had a problem, letting UPS do whatever they THINK they can. It’s made me a lot of money in grievances over the years. It’s only stupid people who believe UPS management knows what they’re talking about that lose out.

Sacrificial Lamb

Package Shepherd
I have said that for years. You can stomp and cry all you want but ultimately UPS will always do what they want. And yes that includes the keyboard warriors lol
And the grievance checks will keep on rolling as long as they do.
IMG_4222.gif

Thebrownblob

I have found that a lot of times you spend more time and effort in hearings then you ever collect. A half hour grievance on sups working at double time makes you $40 while you sit and wait for the hearing for an hour or more off the clock.
I’m not sure what you mean by sitting and waiting for a hearing? Simple Supervisor working grievances do not require your attendance unless you request to be there.

Up In Smoke

I’m not sure what you mean by sitting and waiting for a hearing? Simple Supervisor working grievances do not require your attendance unless you request to be there.
The member loses control of the grievance once step 2 is taken and deadlocked. The steward loses control to the BA once the grievance is received by the hall. Of course all names on the grievance should have a say in the final outcome, but that doesn't have to happen.