Extra Work

Thebrownblob

The member loses control of the grievance once step 2 is taken and deadlocked. The steward loses control to the BA once the grievance is received by the hall. Of course all names on the grievance should have a say in the final outcome, but that doesn't have to happen.
Fortunately, we don’t really deadlock Supervisor work grievances very often, they get paid. But absolutely once it leaves and goes to the next level, you lose control of the grievance.

Up In Smoke

Fortunately, we don’t really deadlock Supervisor work grievances very often, they get paid. But absolutely once it leaves and goes to the next level, you lose control of the grievance.
Deadlocked may have been the wrong term for what happens when a center manager refuses to settle it at step 1 or 2. "Push to Labor" may be most accurate.

Thebrownblob

Deadlocked may have been the wrong term for what happens when a center manager refuses to settle it at step 1 or 2. "Push to Labor" may be most accurate.
Supervisor work grievances always go to labor first here, Center Manager is not allowed to pay those anymore. More And more a Center Manager has very little control.

Sacrificial Lamb

Package Shepherd
I have found that a lot of times you spend more time and effort in hearings then you ever collect. A half hour grievance on sups working at double time makes you $40 while you sit and wait for the hearing for an hour or more off the clock.
I’ve gotten 100% of all my grievances even rounded higher. They recently paid out all my supes working grievances at quad pay. I’m on the clock during my hearings with the BA and labor manager and I will begin to settle them on my own with the building manager. As I mentioned somewhere before, I will get my $25/hr wage come hell or high water, and I average 4 hours daily as a hubrat. All the supes are at quad time so it comes down to $1.40/minute. I just need to catch them working about 16 minutes a day so that I can get make the $4 we didn’t receive for the new hourly rate. They actively are following the contract to avoid paying out now which is good, and they now avoid working whenever me or the other good shop steward are walking around. Everything has been running smoothly for once in the hub and both management and hourly seem happy. I know I am.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
If a part timer works a six day punch,meaning Sat.would be the 6th. day punch for the extra work on preload are they entitled to the tondontje work or a dull timer ? It's always has been that the part timer gets called and if they don't want too then they go down the list to ask a full timer. We are in the Central States. All the sudden full timers want to change it, what is your alls thought in this Please. Thank You .
I hate dull timers, they make the day so much longer, they also have lame jokes like @IVE GOTTA PACKAGE 4U

Sacrificial Lamb

Package Shepherd
Push to labor is just another kicking the can down the road type of scenario. This building manager on a different sort does that to avoid paying out the supe working grievances since they’re practically working throughout the entire shift. A member on that sort made a $2k check recently.

R1wonder

Our members need to grow a pair , there’s one specific full time driver who has worked just about every sat this year as far as I know . I only do 1 or 2 a month maybe . The option to work stopped and they let these part timers work ; and this guy is too scared to bother . Can’t let the company get away with it . I lost the option of working 5 Saturdays before a vaca and I wanted extra money to just blow . Won the grievence for 12 hours worth of OT which isn’t much at all, but that’s 760 bucks more than the scared guy… and come January if they try again we already have 1 grievance proving we are right

Sacrificial Lamb

Package Shepherd
Our members need to grow a pair , there’s one specific full time driver who has worked just about every sat this year as far as I know . I only do 1 or 2 a month maybe . The option to work stopped and they let these part timers work ; and this guy is too scared to bother . Can’t let the company get away with it . I lost the option of working 5 Saturdays before a vaca and I wanted extra money to just blow . Won the grievence for 12 hours worth of OT which isn’t much at all, but that’s 760 bucks more than the scared guy… and come January if they try again we already have 1 grievance proving we are right
I’ve been filing for violating seniority like crazy, but the :censored2:ing sort managers reject the grievance and send it to labor and nothing gets done. We finally are sending :censored2:ty full time supes to panel over harassment. This guy has been working for an entire year double shifting and numerous people filed for seniority violation. I’m pushing for the business agent to push the company into making a 22.3 combo due to that guy essentially working full time year round.

HarryWarden

Does anyone know if there’s rules about temporary season workers preventing senority workers from getting overtime/extra work?

Doesn’t seem right that temporary workers who will be gone in a month and aren’t a part of the union prevent senority workers from getting over time and doubling

Normally peak season is essentially unlimited hours with opportunities of doubling every day, but now they’re saying there’s no extra work since they hired so many temps

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
Does anyone know if there’s rules about temporary season workers preventing senority workers from getting overtime/extra work?

Doesn’t seem right that temporary workers who will be gone in a month and aren’t a part of the union prevent senority workers from getting over time and doubling

Normally peak season is essentially unlimited hours with opportunities of doubling every day, but now they’re saying there’s no extra work since they hired so many temps
UPS staffed properly at your hub, it sounds like.

No. You do not have a grievance.
You are guaranteed 3.5 hours as a part time employee.

If you want more hours guaranteed, you need to go full time.

542thruNthru

I remember when he was a dumb PTer that worked way too much. Now look at him dropping knowledge on members like he was born to do it.
our-little-boy-is-growing-up-they-grow-up-so-fast.gif

I'm so proud of him.
UPS staffed properly at your hub, it sounds like.

No. You do not have a grievance.
You are guaranteed 3.5 hours as a part time employee.

If you want more hours guaranteed, you need to go full time.

R1wonder

I’ve been filing for violating seniority like crazy, but the :censored2:ing sort managers reject the grievance and send it to labor and nothing gets done. We finally are sending :censored2:ty full time supes to panel over harassment. This guy has been working for an entire year double shifting and numerous people filed for seniority violation. I’m pushing for the business agent to push the company into making a 22.3 combo due to that guy essentially working full time year round.
Contact the National , go above your local , they may get mad , may not , 🤷‍♂️ but if the ball isn’t rolling it’s time to go above them