Part-time pension

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Take this one little piece of advice from me.

Go spend a few hundred dollars and buy an hour of a financial advisor time.

This is a very important decision.
My buddy has been in the banking and investing business for over forty years and I did sit down in his office for over two hours discussing various strategies. Cashing out my pension plan was just one of the things we discussed, I was just wanting to know if it was possible with ours. In the long term he thought I could get better returns with the right investments. I have never banked with him and I am seeking advice from different people that I know and trust.

My buddy has been in the banking and investing business for over forty years and I did sit down in his office for over two hours discussing various strategies. Cashing out my pension plan was just one of the things we discussed, I was just wanting to know if it was possible with ours. In the long term he thought I could get better returns with the right investments. I have never banked with him and I am seeking advice from different people that I know and trust.
As of right now I handle the financial investments for my household. I try to keep my wife informed and she has all the passwords to our accounts.

My biggest fear if something happens to me, I don't want her to be forced to make a decision that might not be in her best interest.

I know your wife has some special needs and you don't want to put that burden on her.

So the only thing I can say is take some time and do this the right way.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
That's why I put "Good Friend" in the post, I've personally known him for over thirty years. He doesn't need the money, the Fowler family used to own about half of our town. He said it looks like I can retire now if I want to. He thinks cashing out a pension if possible would be a better option for investment purposes in the long run.
Also depending how old you are you can’t work in another teamster represented job or work over so many hours in any field.!If so you could have a reduced pension...not sure how old you are and and if you even want to work part time, afaik you have already hit that age threshold .....on the pension question, I don’t think you could do that unless you went to a 3rd party who would buy you out for so many years probably dimes on the dollar???

542thruNthru

A 200k home would be a cardboard box anywhere out on the west coast .... right @542thruNthru ????

Here's a 200k "house" in San Diego.
Screenshot_20190319-154841.png