Part Time Supervising is the worst job EVER. If you're considering it, DO NOT DO IT.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
sad thing people usually go into supervision because they can't do the other job either. therefore if you can't handle the mental aspect of being a supervisor and the physical of being a union worker then you got problems. not to mention everything is amped up during peak. however this kind of stuff is going to happen everywhere if your a low level supervisor. it's called being in the middle

Jkloc420

"Those who can't do supervise those who can" is one of the most ignorant statements I have ever read on this forum.
if your a newbie and u go into supervision with in the first year it means you can't take the physical pounding of loading, unloading etc.. of the other job.

Jkloc420

....or you would prefer to use your brain rather than your back....
it means in this particular case the guy can't handle either. which means in any job your going to have to deal with one or the other. you pick which one suits you the best and you can deal with it.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
I've heard of managers deny their full/part supervisors the transfers to I.E. even though I.E. manager wants that person.
strictly speaking, IE doesn't need their approval
in reality it creates bad blood if you don't get it first, so it's rare for it to be overridden

i've only seen it denied once, albeit with a good friend of mine who subsequently resigned

personally i wouldn't ask permission at all, but i guess that would make be a bad partner to ops