Part Time Supervising is the worst job EVER. If you're considering it, DO NOT DO IT.

H

harley vulkrie

I just wanted to say I regret taking this position. My stress has continually skyrocketed along with my health deteriorating. I believe I even got carpal tunnel from operating this ridiculous computer system. I hope this job becomes automated because no one and I mean no one should work this job. The money isn't even THAT great for someone my age. I'm glad I'm leaving as this isn't helping my resume at all. In fact, I can say with empirical evidence it made it WORSE. It's almost as if you're making a deal with the devil.

Well I ripped up the contract. I don't care if my full-time supervisor gets mad over me being here for two months. It is not worth balancing the headache and college at all. I'm so happy I read the forums before I put myself in an abysmal :censored2:hole.

Corporations will instantaneously tell you the good so they can get their bonuses. Don't do it. None of this is going to assist me in the future besides learning office politics (which is asinine as well). Night and sunrise are the worst sorts.

Union people look away when they see me. Drivers do nothing but make fun of me as well as management. All they talk about is how much money they make. When they can do alcohol until they can't see anymore. It's abhorrent and I see why management goes to rehab. I can say I've learned how to manage bull:censored2: though.

All in all, this has been a great learning experience but let some other :censored2: take the position. Do not leave your Union and do not think about working this job through college unless you're thick skinned. Even then it's not worth it.

Also, Amazon get your own transportation because it's hell moving prime.

Don't do it. Praise automation that I'm going into. Holding out until the next job but did a drug test for it already. Never again will I be belittled on a job like this. Ever.

It's alright bro. I sympathize . Don't listen to the others. HAZING is part of the culture at UPS. I thought that hazing ended in college, but not in this corporation. People like us see thru the BS and will move on to bigger and better. Hold your head high and use the experience to further your development and to learn more about what sort of treatment you will tolerate in life. I appreciate your honest story. UPS is lame. You are awesome!

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I just wanted to say I regret taking this position. My stress has continually skyrocketed along with my health deteriorating. I believe I even got carpal tunnel from operating this ridiculous computer system. I hope this job becomes automated because no one and I mean no one should work this job. The money isn't even THAT great for someone my age. I'm glad I'm leaving as this isn't helping my resume at all. In fact, I can say with empirical evidence it made it WORSE. It's almost as if you're making a deal with the devil.

Well I ripped up the contract. I don't care if my full-time supervisor gets mad over me being here for two months. It is not worth balancing the headache and college at all. I'm so happy I read the forums before I put myself in an abysmal :censored2:hole.

Corporations will instantaneously tell you the good so they can get their bonuses. Don't do it. None of this is going to assist me in the future besides learning office politics (which is asinine as well). Night and sunrise are the worst sorts.

Union people look away when they see me. Drivers do nothing but make fun of me as well as management. All they talk about is how much money they make. When they can do alcohol until they can't see anymore. It's abhorrent and I see why management goes to rehab. I can say I've learned how to manage bull:censored2: though.

All in all, this has been a great learning experience but let some other :censored2: take the position. Do not leave your Union and do not think about working this job through college unless you're thick skinned. Even then it's not worth it.

Don't do it. Praise automation that I'm going into. Holding out until the next job but did a drug test for it already. Never again will I be belittled on a job like this. Ever.
Wah. Then quit. It really is that simple.

Returntosender

IMG_1271.GIF

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member

It's alright bro. I sympathize . Don't listen to the others. HAZING is part of the culture at UPS. I thought that hazing ended in college, but not in this corporation. People like us see thru the BS and will move on to bigger and better. Hold your head high and use the experience to further your development and to learn more about what sort of treatment you will tolerate in life. I appreciate your honest story. UPS is lame. You are awesome!

You two really, really need to get a room. You guys are perfect for each other.

Worked out well for me

You, my boy, are somehow special.

Indecisi0n

This bs about it looking good in a resume is just that, bs. I'm not taking :censored2: from some :censored2: because I think the position title will help "sell me". I do just fine selling myself in the interview.

ManInBrown

Yup. You're pond scum.

buck2000

I doubt the people who are saying you are whining never have had the position. I personally have seen how horrible it is for pt sups. I would assume it depends on location, but everywhere in my area this guy is right. The "superiors" are demeaning classless idiots for the most part... The company expects superman work from every employee whom most of them know can't be fired if they are slow. They think they can talk to you any kind of disrespectful way and half of them are seriously nuts and probably on meds... or at least should be.

I would have to disagree about it not looking good on a resume. I have seen it help several people. The only way I could see it be worth it is if you are there less than 3 years and use the $$ for college to get a degree and job elsewhere. It is a job full of abuse though from what I have seen and you definitely need to be able to handle stress and a lot of bs.

H

harley vulkrie

I doubt the people who are saying you are whining never have had the position. I personally have seen how horrible it is for pt sups. I would assume it depends on location, but everywhere in my area this guy is right. The "superiors" are demeaning classless idiots for the most part... The company expects superman work from every employee whom most of them know can't be fired if they are slow. They think they can talk to you any kind of disrespectful way and half of them are seriously nuts and probably on meds... or at least should be.

I would have to disagree about it not looking good on a resume. I have seen it help several people. The only way I could see it be worth it is if you are there less than 3 years and use the $$ for college to get a degree and job elsewhere. It is a job full of abuse though from what I have seen and you definitely need to be able to handle stress and a lot of bs.

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!