Part Time Supervisor Questions

Johnny Paycheck

Speak softly and carry a big stick.
I just got promoted to PT sup. I worked this peak as a temp driver, was hired on PT preload and am going to school full time. center manager talked with me and offered the position and I took it. I wasn't in the union cause I didn't make it the 30 days, so it wasn't like I was sacrificing anything, and it seemed like a good fit for me. A lot of the union guys make jokes that I made a big mistake, but I have yet to see it. I now get benefits for my family and I, and make a little more money and it works perfect with my school schedule. I haven't seen the negatives yet, and once I get my degree I'll have a pretty decent resume. I say go for it.

Sent using BrownCafe App
I was under the impression the PT sups did not receive medical.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
It is available but they have to pay for it.

Sent using BrownCafe App
Possibly ... but if you are single and take the newer type insurance, the cost is close to zero.
I knew a couple of single sups that actually got money for taking the newer insurance. They had to pay the first $6000 but 100% after that.
I assume they still offer that.

Rubber Puckies

My family deductible is 6000$ and 80% after that. But I'm pretty sure that's for major medical. Normal routine stuff is covered, dental exams are free and fillings. It's not great but it's better than nothing.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Catatonic

Nine Lives
My family deductible is 6000$ and 80% after that. But I'm pretty sure that's for major medical. Normal routine stuff is covered, dental exams are free and fillings. It's not great but it's better than nothing.
You should have a cap per year for major medical.
A hospital visit these days can run you $50,000 or more which means $10,000 or more out of pocket.

Daalcaar

Hey everyone,

I was wondering if any of you guys knew what the salary for supervisors were in Southern California. Inland Empire area to be exact. I was offered a spot and I am just trying to see if it would indeed be a pay bump or not. Thanks ahead of time. And PS I am aware of the idea that sups are treated bad and that it's a hard job. Thanks.

Rubber Puckies

Call your HR rep. They will have the solid figure. When I was told what the pay rate would be by my center manager he gave me a number that was about $2.50/hr higher than it really is. Needless to say it was like being punched in the stomach on the first day.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Daalcaar

Call your HR rep. They will have the solid figure. When I was told what the pay rate would be by my center manager he gave me a number that was about $2.50/hr higher than it really is. Needless to say it was like being punched in the stomach on the first day.

Sent using BrownCafe App
Yeah, I know what you mean. The thing is everybody seems to give me the "I am not sure because it depends on certain factors." So I was wondering if anyone here knew.

Rubber Puckies

Are you worried about something? The 12 month no moving violation is standard across the board. I remember being specifically asked about that and any alcohol related stuff, dui, in the last 3 years. Plus I thought it was 3 or more in the last three years of any ticket like speeding or whatever. Parking tickets don't count

Sent using BrownCafe App

Daalcaar

Are you worried about something? The 12 month no moving violation is standard across the board. I remember being specifically asked about that and any alcohol related stuff, dui, in the last 3 years. Plus I thought it was 3 or more in the last three years of any ticket like speeding or whatever. Parking tickets don't count

Sent using BrownCafe App
No, no criminal record of any kind. Or speeding tickets. Not worried about anything else, just the pay lol

bagpipes

Check Glassdoor.com for FT Sups in Ontario (I assume we're talking about Ontario). The variability is a good point, as it can depend on whether it's a promo or lateral - if a promo, assume the low end, unless you have any leverage in negotiating your pay rate (depending on competition, need, position, skill, etc.

Sent using BrownCafe App