Part-Time UPS Teamsters

Yolo

Last contract actually addressed the starting PT pay with an increase every year. Only took 30 years to get it off of $8.50.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Not sure of accuracy but will have to do to further discussion.

Published online.

UPS Master covers: 243,00 members.

+ 70% are part time for discussion purposes will use 70% even.

Which means UPS Master covers:

170,100 Part-time members

and

72,900 Full-Time members.

If these numbers are true or even close to true what does this tell you?

PT Car Washer

Thanks for your contributionI am really sorry.

I don’t understand your math.

Would you be so kind to explain it?

Again I am sorry .
Basically it is just a wild guess. Consider you would only need half of the PT workforce working 3 1/2 hours compared to FT working 8 hours. Than you consider the FT would be experienced and trained long term employees. Also consider UPS would not need the army of PT sups who pretty much do the same work as the PT Union members they are suppose to be supervising. You have to agree that the Teamsters would lose a lot of dues paying members who most likely would be more involve in Union politics. That also could be a threat to the Union leadership.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Basically it is just a wild guess. Consider you would only need half of the PT workforce working 3 1/2 hours compared to FT working 8 hours. Than you consider the FT would be experienced and trained long term employees. Also consider UPS would not need the army of PT sups who pretty much do the same work as the PT Union members they are suppose to be supervising. You have to agree that the Teamsters would lose a lot of dues paying members who most likely would be more involve in Union politics. That also could be a threat to the Union leadership.
Thanks.

What'dyabringmetoday???

Not sure of accuracy but will have to do to further discussion.

Published online.

UPS Master covers: 243,00 members.

+ 70% are part time for discussion purposes will use 70% even.

Which means UPS Master covers:

170,100 Part-time members

and

72,900 Full-Time members.

If these numbers are true or even close to true what does this tell you?
That there are 170,100 part-timers and 72,900 full-timers covered?

Integrity

Binge Poster
That there are 170,100 part-timers and 72,900 full-timers covered?
That is obvious but if true it tells me the Part-timers have an overwhelming majority of votes and if properly organized could exercise serious control over the UPS Collective bargaining process and other areas that are established by membership vote.

That is obvious but if true it tells me the Part-timers have an overwhelming majority of votes and if properly organized could exercise serious control over the UPS Collective bargaining process and other areas that are established by membership vote.
Most of them don't stay herr long enough to vote on her next contract

nWo

What percentage of current part timers were at UPS during the last contract vote? 30% ?50%? Some quit. Some went full time. Some retired. Some took a demotion to pt sup.

PT Car Washer

Never going to happen. Both UPS and the Teamster leadership want a divided Union. Makes control much easier. They even found a way to divide the delivery drivers with the new 22.4 language.