Part-time work may open doors

D

dannyboy

Nobody ever said being the best was easy, if it was, every one would be the best, and that just wouldnt work now would it
wink2.gif
. SO work hard, learn all you can about it, and push yourself as hard and as far as you can. Then go 20% further.

d But in the mean time, dont quit your day job!
biggrin.gif

J

jamjr

UPS does not want long term employees, It keeps their cost down. Use them for their education and move on!

R

rushfan

My history with ups started in 1993. I went to school, worked part-time. Graduated from college. I kept ups job, and worked in engineering at a major radio station here. Did everything from fixing transmitters to climbing towers to change light bulbs.

Like most radio stations, ours were bought out by a large corporation. That meant layoffs. Luck had it that same month, I was called by HR to see if I wanted to drive.

Point of the story...keep your options open, you'll never know what opportunities will happen. If you want management, it'll happen. I don't want it.

P.S. I still get calls once in a while to change light bulbs, and do other engineering tasks.