Part Timer Screwjob

AB831

One of the most industrious, hard working part timers got called in today on his day off. His reward for coming in was having two extra P1 routes that DRA created dumped on him in an area he doesn't know. And since he spent so much time on the clock, they told him that they're going to make Saturday count as his "off day" instead and they'll pay him overtime for the time he spends on his regular Saturday route instead of the much longer shift he put in today on his scheduled day off. He said he plans on talking to the manager about this situation. This is very uncharacteristic of the manager. He's one of the most reasonable guys at the station, so I hope that he will hear him out and make this right. But if not, does he have any recourse per policy? Because I feel like this is wage theft and I hate to see such a good guy get cheated.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
One of the most industrious, hard working part timers got called in today on his day off. His reward for coming in was having two extra P1 routes that DRA created dumped on him in an area he doesn't know. And since he spent so much time on the clock, they told him that they're going to make Saturday count as his "off day" instead and they'll pay him overtime for the time he spends on his regular Saturday route instead of the much longer shift he put in today on his scheduled day off. He said he plans on talking to the manager about this situation. This is very uncharacteristic of the manager. He's one of the most reasonable guys at the station, so I hope that he will hear him out and make this right. But if not, does he have any recourse per policy? Because I feel like this is wage theft and I hate to see such a good guy get cheated.
Tell him to go to the SM and inform him/her that if they don’t fix it they’ll call HR. They can’t just change your day off on a whim.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
He shouldn’t have answered his phone much less agreed to come in. No good deed goes unpunished.

Tuned Out

Sorry this is BS.. The EE either goes to his manager and tell him it is an issue or his SM.. If not HR.. Managers can not manage but the EE pays the price..

Indecisi0n

Hard working part timer ? Part time work is the easiest work offered at UPS.

-nancy

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
but won't he forfeit his overtime today?
Oh definitely yes.

But sometimes making a statement or a point comes at a cost. And that cost is up to the person(s) involved.

Who knows? After taxes, the net pay might be close to a wash.

Maui

I verified my answer with the best manager ever. He said if it’s not on the posted schedule as his day off, it can’t be changed like that.
This is the best answer. It should be marked day off and not changed. This should be corrected and the PT paid accordingly.

No reason for the employee to sign a timecard that changes his pay either.